Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: mr b's comeback

Couple of 17m hill rides last weekend. Really sore hip from yesterday's trip to the physio, we're no further forward, still a question over whether it's a hernia or not. Got an acupuncture session booked for thursday, eastern origin technique.
    Can't climb for toffee...

14.5m fast ride to Otley and back on friday.

19.2m/2450' ride in dales today, Storiths-Appletreewick-Burnsall-Linton-Grassington-Hebden-Fancarl Crag-Skyreholme-Storiths. Pint of pale ale at Linton. 1h12m for this with an ave. spd. of 16mph, never broken the 16mph barrier before for this route. 38.5mph max. spd. past the Clarendon in Hebden.

Very painful Chinese acupuncture session on thursday, she says there's masses of trapped energy in me, some of them felt like hot nails.

26m fast ride to Ilkley and back friday evening

14 reps of Elbolton Hill today, total 3500' of ascent. Going to have to start earlier, took a while to get through 14, fairly late snack at the pub after.

26m fast ride to Ilkley and back last friday evening. Had to back off a bit due to a quads tendon strain, the right one again, i think there is a bit of scar tissue in there causing problems.

40m fast ride to Buffers and back today; Horsforth-Bramhope-Otley-Ilkley-Addingham (or Ordingam as Tour officials like to call it)-Buffers and back the same way. 2h25m, 16.5 av/spd, hit 39mph on that awful, shitty new section dropping down to the Wharfe from Storiths and got a bit of a nasty wiggle on. Terrible surface, uneven and poorly carried out work. It's so unfashionable to use actual tarmac these days when repairs are being made, just splatter some tar on it and stamp a load of stones in- it'll do.

Just one ride again, 26m fast one to Ilkley and back on friday, 19.5mph ave/spd. Need to rethink the schedule, this quads tendon strain is sticking around, haven't done any hill reps for a while now.

I think it's time to give this thread a rest. I'm not actually coming back from anything or making any headway, for the better part this hip injury is intractable. It resists all attempts to discover its origin and pathology, for now it is keeping its secrets.

My approach now is one of detatching myself mentally from the outcome of this situation. I must focus on being completely indifferent to the fact that i might not be a runner any more, and place my fate and future as a runner in the hands of whatever higher power may exist. I'm just going to do whatever i can on the bike and on the leg press, and feel blessed that i can.