Page 128 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1305

Thread: mr b's comeback

6m or so with horsforth harriers last night, even the pavements are running like streams in the ring road cuttings. Not feeling any after effects from giant's unimpressive tooth, scout scar on sunday, an annual occasion when 300 people see if they can all fit into a small path.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Roberts Park parkrun this morning, 19.26, proving that I can still throw a decent 5k together when it's flat. The usual 3k to 5k fade was there, but not as damaging as at Bramley with the hills and stodge etc.

Nice one, that is a decent time.

It's really loosened the clear phlegm in my lungs, been Bob Phlegming all day long again.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    It's really loosened the clear phlegm in my lungs, been Bob Phlegming all day long again.
    Ah, that's got it.

Arse!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Scout scar today, 5m 500', couldn't see where I was going and crossed the line swearing like father jack. It was infuriating.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Scout scar today, 5m 500', couldn't see where I was going and crossed the line swearing like father jack. It was infuriating.
    Was it the low sun in your eyes? From the photos there was no fog/mist, though they were taken near the start/finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Was it the low sun in your eyes? From the photos there was no fog/mist, though they were taken near the start/finish.
    If it wasn't the low sun in your eyes, it was the low sun causing problems with contrast and shadows. Scout is a drag because it's so rough, it helps to be able to see all the objects that are waiting to break your ankle. It didn't used to bother me so much as you could just drop it, but now it's 7 from 10 not 13 you need to do all the races you hate as well as the ones you like. I'm dropping Birkrigg to prepare for Barbondale already. I was talking to Barney Plummer, a former Horsforth Harrier now training with Helm, about how the series has got a lot flatter over the years. Inconsiderate parking has consigned a lot of proper fell races to the history books, not excess numbers, inconsiderate parking.

About 5m with horsforth harriers on tuesday night, a hill session, though i'd think of the hills round here as more like short inclines and gentle ramps. Took it steady with a couple of explosive efforts. It's going to be a tempo run tonight i think.

2x 5km loops with 300' tonight, tempo pace, nothing uncomfortable. 47.30 at the session end with a 5k split of 24.10, so a slight negative split.