Page 26 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    . . . can't even think straight.
    Ah, so that explains the revelation on another thread that you have entered a road race.

Anyway, I hope you get well soon, and think of it like this: you won't be aggravating your injuries while you are laid off with flu!

Dragged myself out for a nasty wheezy 4m or so tonight. Hard to breathe, chest and throyt really hurting...that's throyt as in coyt, not throat as in stoat...it is up this end anyway maybe not in Lancashire though.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Another wheezy outing round midweek XC tonight with plenty of stops to cough and splutter, couldn't really call it training if i'm honest. My chest is clearing a bit.

An improvised 7.5m/1650' route near Bolton Abbey today. Out along the Valley of Desolation route in reverse, picked up the route up to Simon's Seat, then peeled off left down to Barden Aqueduct and back to the cafe. I'm not sure if i'm training or getting back into training really, my chest is still rattling and i'm always blowing out of my arse for some reason. A better run than recent weeks tbh.

Midweek XC tonight, 2.5m/290'
    I was a lot faster round this route last summer, the mud is still an issue though. My legs are burning on the fast climbs and i find it difficult to hold speed, i'm hoping i'll get more comfortable if i keep pushing it hard.

Another improvised route around Barden Fells today, 9m/2000'. It was a route i hadn't planned, but the leaking headgasket on the car was causing problems and making it to Kettlewell wasn't likely. 9m is a lot further than i normally run so i might end up in trouble this week. There were some newborn lambs in the fields heading up to Hammerthorn Gate, they weren't there last week! It's looking like something very flat and local next week, as the car will be in bits.

Midweek Fartlek tonight, 2.9m/395'

That 9.2 miler at the weekend has given me some Articular Cartilage problems which showed up tonight. It was a bit reckless really, but the recovery has to be pushed now and again.

Midweek fartlek is a nightmare with all the mud, but it doesn't half demand commitment from you. I might have gone off a bit too fast on some of the fast sections and blew up too early. I nearly threw up on a tree a minute or so after finishing- that's proper training tbh.

Super Moderator
    Nearly threw up? Lightweight
    Poacher turned game-keeper

37.5m on the bike today, Buffers and back, i didn't want to risk a run after the spot of knee soreness i had last week.

Oh yeah, took the big Chevin on the way back, smashed it- and without any throwing up. You've got to have balls to take that one on with old skool gearing.
    Last edited by mr brightside; 10-04-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Midweek XC tonight, 2.5m/290'

My speed round this route might be coming back, knees feel remarkably good after the weekend's massive bike ride.