Page 28 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    First 5k Parkrun this morning, Bramley Parkrun, came 4th but faded badly on the penultimate lap and lost a place having lost touch with the leaders a lap earlier. I ran 20.04 and need to shave a minute off that at the least. Unfortunately the whole park stank of doggy doos; the mowers had been round at some time in the week and churned up all the barker's eggs that people hadn't picked up, it was really quite unpleasant.

I'm aiming to run this every week, this pushes me to 3 sessions a week, but i think it's time it happened.
    I saw your name in the results Luke, and pics on facebook - notice you descending on the grass. I wasn't there this week but I'm Run Director next week and am there usually at least twice a month, either running or volunteering, as it's literally 3 mins easy jog from home.

Got a link to the pics, MT, can't find any recent ones anywhere though i did see the guy with the camera. I didn't fancy the tarmac coming down that hill!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

On this facebook page mr b -it's a public group so hopefully you should be able to see them - Simon Cullingworth is there week in week out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1606...=br_tf&qsefr=1

My arse cheeks were killing this morning, just goes to show how you use different muscle sets for flat speed running. It's probably lack of condition in these bits that let me down yesterday, bits that don't seem to get used for runnable climbing.

Today's run- Rabbithole Run, 5.8m/1300'

routemap1.jpg

I had ITB type soreness on the side of my right knee for most of the way round, it's chronic things like this that stop me training on consecutive days; i don't feel like i had a quality run, but it was to be expected all things considered. I suspected i might get some aggro and wanted to go out on the bike really, but bike is quite bad for my back and i'm still a bit sore from 2 weeks of hell recently. Same plan next weekend, 2 sessions, parkrun sat. but i'll rest sun. and do the Austwick Amble monday. One very fast session, one 7-8ml distance session and the old faithful midweek XC, that's the plan anyway...I'd better check my tape stocks.
    Last edited by mr brightside; 22-05-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Midweek fartlek tonight, 2.9m/350'

I tried doing some of Noel's quicksteps on the footy field to warm up. I think i was counting seconds too fast and found it really tiring, i managed about 60m not the suggested 600 so i think i need to slow my steps down.

The woods were a mess again with all the rain and grip was hard to come by in certain places. I really buried myself on the fast sections, doing it properly requires proper mental toughness and it hurts so badly. I'm k taping on both knees to give the move to 3 sessions a week the best chance it's got, i'm also going to stop using Voltarol after reading a post on another thread by Mike T, though i may use it for serious problems.

Bramley parkrun this morning, felt a bit fuzzy after a few bottles of Punk IPA the night before. Cheers to Multiterrainer and the rest of the volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Bramley parkrun this morning, felt a bit fuzzy after a few bottles of Punk IPA the night before. Cheers to Multiterrainer and the rest of the volunteers.
    Good to see you mr b, and you got a sub-20min pb despite the Punk IPA!

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Good to see you mr b, and you got a sub-20min pb despite the Punk IPA!
    Cheers MT, it was a fast start this week, that little lad kicked on the 3rd lap and i just couldn't go with him.

Today's race- Austwick Amble, 8m/1200' hot hot hot as they say in Brazil

Another race i'd have preferred to have been running the other way round, the tarmac and gravel was just a pounding my legs didn't need in the final mile and a bit. After initially struggling a bit on the climb on the way out i found good speed out to the turn at Sulber Nick, but then started struggling a bit on the way back. I was aiming to build a bit of distance into my game in preparation for the Leeds 10k, i tried pretty hard to keep going and never walked.

Midweek XC tonight- 2.5m/290'

Had a fairly steady run tonight, i've got a healthy selection of injuries fighting to be the first to drop me back to 2 runs a week. Articular Cartilage pain on and off, some daft groin strain thing, knee tendon soreness here and there, left Achiiles being temperamental, lateral knee ligament soreness...any one of these could and has hit me hard previously with the exception of the daft groin thing which may just bugger off anyway. It's a shame parkrun is on a saturday, i could do with a rest day before sunday's fell run really. I'm hoping to just htfu and shrug parkrun off in a 'tis but a scratch' monty python kind of fashion, if i have to run a flat 5k on my own a day earlier i won't try nearly as hard- i know it.