Page 29 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Parkrun again yesterday, and dispite feeling rough as old arse after a night in town i smashed my old PB, i'm now at 19.38 but it took a while to get scanned in so 19.30 maybe. I'm setting a trend of attaining a new PB every week without really trying, i seemed to fade on only the last lap this week. It was another fast start, some shot off, others tried to go with them and got picked off later. Bike ride today i think, as believe it or not i managed to turn my ankle at parkrun yesterday.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Todays ride- Storiths-Appletreewick-Burnsall-Linton-Grassington-Hebden-Fancarl top-Skyreholme-Storiths. 21m/2450'

I hadn't noticed the tailwind heading to Grassington, and thought i was going well as i gulped down a pint of Hetton Pale at The Fountaine Inn. I noticed it all the way to Fancarl Crag though, all the way on the little ring and a bit of a struggle getting up from Dibble's Bridge. My back felt a bit sore, i'm having to learn to cycle with my back in full neutral position which is hard when my hamstrings are pulling it in the other direction. It was especially sore going up big hills.

The John Smith's drinkers were in The Fountaine- all gathered around the pump like a pack of wolves guarding a kill.

Super Moderator
    It's starting to come together Luke. Good work fella!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Cheers Andy, it'll be interesting to see if the parkrun stuff translates to anything in the hills.

Ride into work today. Thrashed the nuts off it on the way back, had to have an emergency chocolate binge when i got home.

Bramley parkrun this morning, another new PB- 19.28, getting closer to the low 19s.

I ended up in the lead for lap 1. Nobody seemed to want it so i just nipped off into the lead, but ended up getting overhauled by 3 people in the end. This flat speed thing is looking good, i might have another crack at a new PB for my Strid Wood timed run.

One ACW loop of Thruscross today starting from Fewston carpark, 8.1m/1100' The canoeists were out on the Washburn today and had brought a burger and hot dog tent with them, could've stopped for some scran on the way back, but didn't have any cash on me. Buckden Pike next weekend; another race i've never been fit or uninjured for, done it once with a bust ankle. It's a hell of a climb and i'll suffer on my training diet of parkrun and flat tempo sessions, should get going on the way down though.

Midweek Fartlek tonight, 2.9m/350'
    Run a day earlier than usual midweek this week because of Buckden pike on saturday. Fartleks have become a great deal easier for some reason since taking up parkrun, it's good stuff that's all i can say. If i parkrun saturday morning i'll be fishwicking at Bucky Pike!

Parkrun in the morning and Bucky Pike in the afternoon, first go at Fishwicking! Cocky approach, complacent, got my arse handed to me- Fishwicking is only for the strong and fit. Looks like it's a rest day tommorrow, wonder if i'll be able to get out of bed...

Super Moderator
    Good to see you this evening Luke. Well done for keeping at the training
    Poacher turned game-keeper