Page 30 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Cheers, i suppose i can class last night as training, i put in around 3m/600' trying to find the top of that ginnel.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Parkrun this morning, new PB 19.21, can probably knock off 5s for getting scanned so i'm getting close to the low 19s. Got shown up early doors by two very quick track runners, they were just chatting away and i was pulling my tripe out just to keep up. I did actually run quite hard today and once again faded badly for all the last lap. Bit of patella soreness from Buckden Pike by the looks of it, need to stay away from big climbs until i can phase back into hills after this silly 10k.

Strid Wood timed this afternoon, new PB of 32.56 which knocks the old one of 33.50 into next week. There's definitely something in parkrun style training that gives you a big speed boost over certain types of terrain. My legs were burning a bit on the hills and i felt i lacked in power, but over the twisty, undulating top path back along to Long Pull Seat and the Pavillion i was flying. This is the last section which i normally struggle with, i can't run the downhills and normally just freewheel, but now i can really gather some speed. Good result, and my average speed has increased to just over 4mins/kM for 5m/600'.

Well done Luke, nice to see you progressing now.
    The Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Scott View Post
    Well done Luke, nice to see you progressing now.
    Cheers Roy, it's been a battle and i'm glad to be able to just keep upping it steadily and not stagnate.

Midweek Fartlek tonight, 2.9m/350'. Short on sleep and didn't feel too zippy, pushed hard though. Woods are a mess again after the rain...ye gods. The latest niggle is my right knee joint having taken to clicking right in the lateral edge of the Meniscus, this also makes my LCL ligament really sting a lot. Chiropractor has commented my ITB is lacking in tension when this occurs acutely and has got me doing something called the 'monster walk' every day. Basically you walk along with a theraband round your ankles and take very wide steps swinging your feet right out, this is essentially a tensor recruiting exercise designed to promote knee stability and may be a side effect of all the tensor stretching i've done to combat my unstable hip. Robbing peter to pay paul.

Parkrun this morning, a steady 20mins, didn't really feel arsed for some reason.

Today's run- Horse Head medium, 7.4m/2100'

routemap24.jpg

Couldn't run all the climb on the way back, got defeated with about 400' left. A fairly feral run over to Beckermonds, the path is initially indistinct, but pops up later on. The very runnable fast descent into Beckermonds is the highlight of this route, the trail back over is a bit tiresome, but can be broken up by straight lining some of the big sweeping bends on the descent. I saw what looked like a big Owl fly past me as i turned at the trig, do Owls ground nest?? I didn't see where it came from as the rougher than old ar$e terrain up there had all of my concentration. Hopefully i might have enough feet in me now for a sub 1hr Ingleborough in a fortnight.

Injury watch- i've got a persistent dull ache in my whole right thigh so i'm going to have to get a few sports massages, i'm hoping it's something that can be released that way. It's been with me for a month or two now and i don't want to be compensating for it.

Super Moderator
    Nice route. We saw you heading back down the dale as we were going up. Starbottom - Arncliffe - Kettlewell - Arncliffe - Starbotton for around 9.5 miles / 3,700 feet for us
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I've got a couple of new routes to try up there as soon as i've got this 10k out of the way. The ridge path from Knipe End up to Cote Moor is a nice route linker.

Parkrun this morning, 19.33, so looks like i've run out of talent as far as going faster goes. Leeds 10k tommorrow, i hope all the work will pay off.