Page 36 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    The dog is a Dalmation accompanied by a large lady, i've never seen it ticked off yet and it's thrown itself at me twice now. The large lady seems to think that it's normal for this to happen and is remarkably disinterested. It's just playing; it could do with a gentle smack on the nose, but i don't want it to think strangers are going to attack if you know what i mean. It needs its behaviour correcting, but only the disinterested large lady can do this, and she seems not to give a damn.
    Surely report it to your local park run director? They are large dogs and could seriously discourage a child with (park run) potential, if the incident is not just a one off. By the way, it's Dalmatian with an 'a' not an 'o'!
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Banned
    Go dressed as Cruella Deville at the fancy dress run. Point at the fat lass and tell her that her punch is on your menu.

Go Luke ��

The dog is a Dalmation accompanied by a large lady, i've never seen it ticked off yet and it's thrown itself at me twice now. The large lady seems to think that it's normal for this to happen and is remarkably disinterested. It's just playing; it could do with a gentle smack on the nose, but i don't want it to think strangers are going to attack if you know what i mean. It needs its behaviour correcting, but only the disinterested large lady can do this, and she seems not to give a damn.
    Based on the above I'm thinking you mean Graham (former Event Director) and not Simon (Photographer). Graham has stood down and Jean (tail runner today) is now Event Director. Was it a runner's dog? If so they should be on a <1metre lead. When I was marshalling at 'Carol's Corner' last week I saw a dog getting close to disrupting runners (about 50 metres from my position) with a disinterested member of the public owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Based on the above I'm thinking you mean Graham (former Event Director) and not Simon (Photographer). Graham has stood down and Jean (tail runner today) is now Event Director. Was it a runner's dog? If so they should be on a <1metre lead. When I was marshalling at 'Carol's Corner' last week I saw a dog getting close to disrupting runners (about 50 metres from my position) with a disinterested member of the public owner.
    No i was on about Simon Cullingworth, photo guy. It wasn't a runner's dog, just an irresponsible member of the public.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

No i was on about Simon Cullingworth, photo guy. It wasn't a runner's dog, just an irresponsible member of the public.
    Ah right, yes Simon should be back next year.

Today's run- Tour of Troller's Gill, 4.8m/1350'

routemap27.jpg

Another fairly brutal if perhaps contrived lungbuster. I need some climb in preparation for Wansfell or i'm just going to get ruined again. Tea and cake in Buffers after of course.

Flat running has become a problem due to Plica syndrome turning up in my left knee. It went away after about 4 parkruns before the Leeds 10k, but post Leeds 10k it now won't go away at all so i have a bit of a problem. I'm going to see if putting it under tension and pressing on it to stretch it will sort it out, but i could be heading back to the physios. The only other option is to never run parkrun again, but after realising the gains it gives, this isn't an option.

Ran Wansfell yesterday, 2.5m/1350', went quite well. Slow up fast down seems to work quite well, not much in the way of knee problems at all, hip joint injury hasn't reared its head for a while now.

Nice little short one this afternoon with a friend- Mossy Moor stone circle, 3.5m/580'

routemap28.jpg

The stone circle proved very difficult to find, it's very small and not exactly Stone Henge, but i think we may have found it in the end. The mine ruins up Bolton Gill were far easier to find- one shaft, one crushing mill. A nice and fairly technical descent off the moor back to the beck too. Late lunch at buffers.

The shift away from parkruns is helping to settle down the Plica problem in my left knee; i'm going to do what worked last time and get up to 2 good sessions a week then try parkrun again.

4m local road and trail loop with a friend this morning. First time training on consecutive days for about a month, after a bit of a slip-up when it became apparent the hip injury didn't like this. No problems thus far.

Super Moderator
    Keep at it Luke. All the best for 2017!
    Poacher turned game-keeper