Page 90 of 131 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: mr b's comeback

11.5m/2500' from Conistone today. Thought i'd have another look at the Gt Wherny descent i screwed up at the weekend, so i went back via Capplestone Gate and Sweet Hill. It's a bit of a thrutch over some awful terrain to reach the trod up Sweet Hill, it'd have been a lot worse in winter, but there are numerous old engraved boundary stones on the way.

At Gt Wherny i found it was indeed difficult to spot the line due to boulders, but once you've cleared them you can see fine. I went straight onto the fell off the trig and found it helpful to keep the path in view, it gets rougher lower down, but it's deffo faster by about 30s. Quite a big day for me today, i'll need some rest.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Bike into work today, 17m, knee feeling taxed after Sundays big outing...during which I turned my right ankle a bit, and it's hanging around. I wanted to do shelf moor, but I think I need a week away from racing to let it firm up, and given I now have a down week in my pattern I can pull that forward.

Bramley parkrun this morning, 19.35, first post covid sub-20 run. I'm pretty pleased with the way i ran, went through the 2k timecheck at sub 7, and was well under 14 for 3.5k. Faded on the third lap, but i always do. After Gt Whernside it looked like i might be getting my missing V02 back again, and this confirms it.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Bramley parkrun this morning, 19.35, first post covid sub-20 run. I'm pretty pleased with the way i ran, went through the 2k timecheck at sub 7, and was well under 14 for 3.5k. Faded on the third lap, but i always do. After Gt Whernside it looked like i might be getting my missing V02 back again, and this confirms it.
    Nice one Mr B. You've put a lot of hard work in and pushed through some crap to get to where you are.

Does this mean the comeback is complete and thread obsolete?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Nice one Mr B. You've put a lot of hard work in and pushed through some crap to get to where you are.

Does this mean the comeback is complete and thread obsolete?
    Coughed up a lot of crap aswell. I don't think the thread will ever be obsolete with my injury history, it'll remain the number one chronicle of dodgy musculoskeletal health, and a good read for anyone who thinks they might be done for. On the contrary, with my probable increase in leg power since 2016 and the course changes at Bramley, i ought to be ripe for a new PB. If i can PB at Bramley i can probably go sub 19 at Woodhouse Moor.

Today's ride was the usual 50m steady distance ride up to the craven arms and back, with a stop off at St Peters for tea and cake on the way back. The fire was lit, which was great, and David says he's still only paying 75 quid for a ton bag of logs, i thought they'd have gone up more than that.

Try Roberts Park - good for a quick one. Then there is always York Racecourse.

I've been trying to update this thread for some time now, but i keep finding work for myself. I booked the week off with the intention of relaxing a bit, and then found myself re-roofing and treating a summer house and a shed. I went up to the boozer last night with the intention of having a couple of quiet pints and updating my training, but bumped into 2 guys from horsforth harriers. I mentioned that i didn't like FIAT currency which set them off on an hour long debate; all i could gather is that one likes FIAT and one doesn't and i think one might be a communist and the other a nazi.

Anyway, 6m with horsforth harriers on tuesday, nice steady pace. 6m/900' over the fields up to the billing last night, felt loose as i'd had a sports massage on my back and glutes right before.

7.5m/1490' BM training run over craven moor today. I got rained on quite badly in the last mile and ran the warm down back to the car, so didn't warm down...dick. Grimwith was looking empty, but from what I could see, not empty enough to expose California Level, which was driven towards Nussey Knot prior to the gill being flooded by the Bradford Corporation.

Sunday's bike ride was the normal 50 miler up to the craven arms and back. I arrived too early and got cold sitting about outside waiting for the doors to open, the fire wasn't going when i got in so i got colder waiting for it to get lit and going. I had just about warmed up by the time i left for the last fospa tea afternoon of the year.

10k at 9mmp with horsforth harriers on tuesday night. Not a good one, i had lateral knee soreness most of the way, and the next day when i got up it was definitely maltracking. So i've got a maltracking problem heading into Langdale now, often they can come and go quite quickly but the articular cartilage soreness will linger.