Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trackers - BG 20-22nd Jun

All working fine for me, had that problem last week with one of them but after plenty of refreshes and moderate cursing of machines it worked again.

Haha I love the dark peak tracker showing everybody this year. On my second tracker on 60s (that I forgot to switch off) it has me at threkheld two days later. I passed there on my way home to stoke and at moot on my way back from the pub celebrating.. .
    Last edited by JanSoLo; 21-06-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Just left max at dunmail after running leg two with him. He's half an hour up and climbing well. Weird sitting in the services at Tebay eating breakfast and looking back at the tracker showing our run!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
    Just left max at dunmail after running leg two with him. He's half an hour up and climbing well. Weird sitting in the services at Tebay eating breakfast and looking back at the tracker showing our run!
    Max seems to had a bit of slow down over the crags and Scafell range, also the 2 trackers showing different lines of Scafell down into Wasdale. Seemed to be going well up to here. Is this just a tracker carrier slowing or has he hit low point?

Come on Max - keep going!!

I had the pleasure of arriving at Moot hall to see Simon set off. I saw him set off on Leg 2 and then spent most of the night leg chatting to him as we repeated leapfrogged each other. He said he struggled on L1 with getting food down and that was having a knock on effect. We took different routes up Fairfield and I didn't see him until he was in his support vehicle long after DP had set off on L3

plenty of people about on the hill. Pennine were out there and Ilkley. Even more impressive were the couple who did a self supported round and came in amongst the DP 4 who successfully rounded. Brother and sister I believe... fantastic weather for a round

Meant to add that there were dozens of folk atop Helvellyn this morning awaiting the solstice sunrise, including a few I'm sure of a Druid persuasion. Weird to run through that lot! Looks like Max is rallying a touch on leg 4. He'll make it I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
    Meant to add that there were dozens of folk atop Helvellyn this morning awaiting the solstice sunrise, including a few I'm sure of a Druid persuasion. Weird to run through that lot! Looks like Max is rallying a touch on leg 4. He'll make it I'm sure.
    There were quite a few the night before bivvying by the shelter.

Max had both trackers on him as far as I know, he didn't like the climb up for Bowfell or Foxes Tarn much but seemed upbeat for most of it. He was in good spirits when setting off for Leg 4 too so let's hope he stays strong and gets it done. Looks to be in the Honister black spot at the moment, sure he'll reappear well in to Leg 5 soon!

Looks like he has!

Super Moderator
    Well done Max on the old-skool High Snab Banker and what looks like will be a great finish
    Poacher turned game-keeper