Thread: Kentmere Parking

Kentmere Parking

Hi All,
    I'm planning on doing a recce of the kentmere horseshoe on the first friday in July.
    Can anyone suggest any good places to park. I've been told there isn't much parking in that area.

Cheers

Truck

There's space for half a dozen cars by the village hall. Get there early enough and you'll get a spot. Beyond that there's usually a field opened up that charges a few quid a day and holds plenty of cars. It's on your left just before the road pulls up to the church.
    Geoff Clarke

The field marked by the arrow http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=345...3941&A=Y&Z=115 was open for parking the other week. Dunno how much though.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Thanks Hank and Bob.

Theres some limited parking at the top of Long Sleddale, just where the road turns in to the track. From there its a short run over the ridge and on to the finishing route near to where the race leaves the fell. Depending where you are driving from its as easy or easier than going round to Staveley and up the valley.Just about to head off there now....

Edit - its still a long narrow road but there was a reasonable bit of parking space there today, perhaps half a dozen cars and a minibus when we arrived with space for a couple more. The parking outside the hall in Kentmere was totally full when we went past, I dont know about the field near the start but I couldn't see any cars in it, might not be silaged yet. But Long Sleddale is a long trek up a narrow road if you cant park when you get there.....however a lot more space a mile or so back down the valley towards the A6 if you dont mind a longer run in to the route.
    Last edited by Mark G; 24-06-2014 at 08:02 PM.

You'll be fine outside the church hall on a Friday I think. Been up there on a Saturday afternoon in fine weather and been the only car before.

Thanks for the info Mark G and gjglover.

I'm planning on doing a recce of the kentmere horseshoe on the first friday in July. I LOVE ........M.......

Our fantastic offers for free itil braindump and sas certification study Rasmussen College prepare you well for the final SAP exam and University of California, San Diego papers with great success of Youtube
    Last edited by rabie; 17-09-2014 at 06:20 AM.

Get to the Village Hall by about 6 in the morning and you will be certain of parking but, most important, you will reach the ridge in time for sunrise and the views are absolutely magnificent. If you are lucky, the cloud layer will be beneath you as the sun rises and that is a very special scene.