Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trackers - BG 27/29th Jun

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Are they packing? Looks like they've missed off the out and back to Steeple
    Seems that way doesn't it? They're keeping off Pillar too by the looks of things. I suppose they'll be heading back to Honister.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    Seems that way doesn't it? They're keeping off Pillar too by the looks of things. I suppose they'll be heading back to Honister.
    That's what I thought. There road support will probably have gone to Honister, so they are choosing the easiest route to get there. It looks like the tracker never went to the top of Dollywagon as well, but that may have just been the person with the tracker not having gone to the summit.

No tracker but Tony Marlow SROC and Chorley completed in 23.38

Well we didn't complete it, but we learnt a lot in the process. We got very cold on Leg 2 overnight, in hind-sight should have had more warmer clothing. The visibility was not good so we were losing time, moving slower and getting colder. We decided to call it a day, went back for some sleep, then went up to Scafell on Saturday to Recce that area (including Lords Rake).

Met Claire in the pub afterwards. She also lost quite a lot of time overnight, she said she lost about 1 hour 20 min on the Helvelyn range. Fair play to her though: she carried on for a long time before pulling out part way into Leg 4, and then having to make the long trek back to Honister Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    Good luck Greg..
    Was that a tracker twitch, or a bit of a miss of the right hand turn onto doddick, hidden a bit by the bump in the ridge?
    Yes, we did miss the turning onto Doddick Fell, but soon corrected it.

Thanks everyone for your support. Will be back soon.

Greg

As someone who also didn't get round this time, I fully commiserate. Reflecting, it takes an awful lot to go right for a round to come off. Whether I have another go is a matter for debate, but I learnt a HUGE amount last weekend.

Good luck for next time to all, and don't be too pissed off about this weekend. To all who have got round....well done. It is easy to be matter of fact about it, but it is a BIG day out!
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

A huge day out! I was up for quitting after the final decent on leg 3 as my knees were shot but improved after that to finish in 23.38. My navigators, pacers and ground crew were absolutely out of this world and I am forever in their debt.

Good job you had some first class encouragement/abuse on the way off Scafell eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Fordonian View Post
    Good job you had some first class encouragement/abuse on the way off Scafell eh?
    Good to see the finest traditions of the BG!
    I needed a dose of that on mine too; twas at Great Gable for me tho!
    We are by nature hard on ourselves for some twisted reason. But when we reach the end of our tether, we can rely on some good old fashioned British encouragement to enable us to dig a little deeper. There is always a little more in the tin than we think!

Congrats!