Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ricky To Go for Record ?

It's the Steel Fell to Calf Crag in 10mins that seems incredible to me. He must have been flying!
    Do what you like, like what you do

Yewbarrow in 32 mins is pretty swift.

My best ever time on Yewbarrow was 34 mins but Billy had 40 miles in his legs by that point! Just nicely warmed up you might say. It's not even runnable like say Dale Head
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

I think comparing Billy's splits with Mark Palmer's 14:59 round shows some interesting results.
    (For mark's splits I have used the actual times not the legs times which look a bit strange to me. I have also included the rest time at the end of each leg so it is consistent with Billy's).

Leg 1- Billy 2:16 Mark 2:50
    Leg 2- Billy 2:44 Mark 3:07
    Leg 3- Billy 3:45 Mark 3:56
    Leg 4- Billy 3:20 Mark 3:17
    Leg 5- Billy 1:47 Mark 1:49

So on leaving Dunmail Billy was 57 minutes up on Mark. From there to the finish Billy was only 10 minutes faster. Mark appears to have the fastest time from leaving Wasdale back to Keswick.

This is clearly a different way of running a BG. As Bob said earlier I think it is probably a better way. Start off steady and maintain the pace.

Mark also spent 32 minutes resting at the end of legs. If you talk to Mark Hartell or Jim Mann they would say this is wasted time. So Mark Palmer's running time is a little over 30 minutes slower than Billy's time.

Mark was obviously brilliantly prepared for this BG and had great weather but I think Ricky is a faster runner than Mark. So my feeling is that if Ricky was running really well, and had great weather and support he could beat Billy's time.

I do hope Ricky has a go.
    Last edited by stevebirkinshaw; 04-07-2014 at 10:14 AM.