Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skiddaw race

Skiddaw race

Couldn't see race thread. ... Anyone doing this on Sunday? What's the best way to race it? Go for it from word go or settle into steady climb? Do you stick to main path on way down?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    Couldn't see race thread. ... Anyone doing this on Sunday? What's the best way to race it? Go for it from word go or settle into steady climb? Do you stick to main path on way down?
    Jenkin hill is hard to run all the way. So probably a bit of a steady attack at first (most set off fast then walk the steeps) , then walk run jenkin hill, it also steepens nearer the top which is also hard to run all of ( or at least for me ). The run down is mainly on the track, with the exception of a small flagged section at the start of the jenkin hill section.

Cheers, looking forward to it, it might be a lakes race I can do well in for once, he says probably falling flat on my arse!!

Master
    Great day for it - hail/heavy rain 90 minutes before the race, but that was it. Top was in mist - just. Nice cool breeze on top. Excellent tea/sandwiches/cakes at the finish, in a great setting. Thanks to the marshals/RO.

Was going well until went over on ankle on Jenkin Hill :/ long way limping back from there, gutted and I have no heels left :// thanks marshalls and every one who helped with race

Results up on Keswick site, Kim Collinson won in 1:11 Alan I think you past me as I was hobbling down Jenkin Hill

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    Results up on Keswick site, Kim Collinson won in 1:11 Alan I think you past me as I was hobbling down Jenkin Hill
    Yes, I thought that was you from your last post. I had a minor issue with a stitch 300 meters past the car park, but managed to get going again after a couple of minutes of jogging. Still enjoyed it though, thanks to the marshals and organisers.
    Hope it's not too bad a sprain, and you recover quickly!

Great venue, very well organised, fantastic food and coffee afterwards. Excellent showers. Thank you. Now suffer with the dreaded DOMS after all that downhill.

Master
    Another well organised race - thanks to the RO and marshals. Dry throughout - headwind on the way down was very welcome. Tea/cake whilst watching the cricket at the finish - excellent.

Saw a few guys out on the course taking photos of all the runners today. Anybody know if these will be going up online anywhere?

Also does anybody have any tips to avoid the blisters that this race seems famous for? Tried vaselining my feet up before the race and twin skin socks yet still managed to set my feet on fire on the descent.