Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fell shoes

Fell shoes

I recently had a crack at the BG in salomon speedcross3s. Even though I glued the insole in place the bloody things kept rucking up when wet and on decents. I tend to find that I bruise the soles of my feet quite easily so use the salomons as they have a little more padding. Has anyone had similar problems and how did you cure it? Different shoes? Aftermarket insoles? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philblack40 View Post
    I recently had a crack at the BG in salomon speedcross3s. Even though I glued the insole in place the bloody things kept rucking up when wet and on decents. I tend to find that I bruise the soles of my feet quite easily so use the salomons as they have a little more padding. Has anyone had similar problems and how did you cure it? Different shoes? Aftermarket insoles? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Phil
    I've had a similar problem Phil. The 'Ortholite' insoles feel lovely and cushioned when you first buy them but from what I have experienced (and hear from others) it's a common problem for them to shift and ruck. I just switch the insoles for a pair that are stiffer - I usually use pairs from old inov8s which works a treat.

Its a common problem, my '3's' did it. There is a thread somewhere giving advice etc. But really I think its what Galbraith said!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Deadly on wet rock them.

Quote Originally Posted by JanSoLo View Post
    Deadly on wet rock them.
    What shoes do you use?

They're not the best full on fell shoes but I liked them for the cushioning on longer runs. Walsh's are great grip wise but get thin quick and I can feel every stone and sharp edge through them. Inov8's I've not yet got passed the heel blister problem despite now, ridicously having 3 pairs. Its on my must do list to steam and batter the heel cups a bit!

Again there is a pretty full thread on this....
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Super Moderator
    Sticky rubber Mudclaws are the best shoes (I've used) on wet rock

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Sticky rubber Mudclaws are the best shoes (I've used) on wet rock
    Thanks but do you know which model protects your feet the most? I'm guessing the 300's

Super Moderator
    Thanks but do you know which model protects your feet the most? I'm guessing the 300's
    Probably now yes. The very first Mudclaws 330s were ace shoes. The grey and orange one. Also the non-assymetrical 270s before they went red. I did my BG in a pair. Still got them somewhere
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 07-07-2014 at 10:12 PM.

What shoes do you use?
    for sections 1 and 2 I use inov8 talons then 3, 4 and five I would use Trailroc 255s.