Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fell shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan B View Post
    Any difference between the Kanadia 4, 5 and 6 Barny (except the price)?
    I've got a pair of 4 and 5 |Stefan and the 5 are much better,feel lighter and soles much gripper wore them on Mont Blanc marathon and were superb. The 4's feel more clumsy and have half moon studs which aren't nearly as good as the 5. Still wouldn't do a BG in them Mudclaws all the way to road as I did.
    Last edited by andygib1982; 29-07-2014 at 09:22 PM.

The 4's cost £24 ! but the 5's were a MASSIVE £34 !

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan B View Post
    Any difference between the Kanadia 4, 5 and 6 Barny (except the price)?
    The 5's are more aggressive than the 4's - different stud design, which is better.

Vickie's just got the 6's and the only discernible differences from the 5 are the addition of a tougher rand across the front of the shoe and a stiffer heel section - neither of which were an issue before.

Has to be Inov8. 300s the best thing for mud and wet rock and 315 Roclites for rocky stuff (last half leg 3 and leg 4). Just worn 315s staright out the box to do the GR20 in Corsica - a rockier, rougher, gnarlier route does not exist and the Roclites were great.

Quote Originally Posted by barnyc View Post
    The 5's are more aggressive than the 4's - different stud design, which is better.

Vickie's just got the 6's and the only discernible differences from the 5 are the addition of a tougher rand across the front of the shoe and a stiffer heel section - neither of which were an issue before.
    Thanks Andy and Barny. Think I'll go for the 5's as a compromise between features and price. Saw Wolfies 4's today and they were nowhere near aggressive enough on the sole for serious fell running of any kind.

Returning to to the subject in hand, I did my BG in 300's and they were perfect. Only changed to road shoes at the road.