Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NB MT00v2 & MT110v2

generally I need to go up half a size with NB. I'm 10.5 in everything else but 11 in NB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Do those of you who have some think that the sizing is pretty accurate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Do those of you who have some think that the sizing is pretty accurate ?
    Yes but it is standard to go up half a size in New Balance shoes. I used to live near one of the factory shops and it was the first thing the staff used to say when you asked if they had something in your size.

I am Inov8 size 9 but NB size 9.5.

They fit me fairly similar to the MT110 which you can still find in some Sports Direct stores if you live near one of those. I would imagine other minimus shoes are built on the same/similar last which would give you and idea on sizing.

Well I wore the MT00v2 at Penmaenmwar yesterday. Fair enough some people say that this race is a glorified trail race but it does have lots of different terrain in it so it made a good test. Plus I run races in Mudclaws in this area quite a bit so made for a good comparison.

The shoe is light and fits well. I'm an Inov8 size 9 but always a NB 9.5 so bear that in mind. The heel is quite wide and the toe box quite narrow as reported elsewhere but it never caused me any problems; the fit was solid. My heal was held firm on climbs and my foot didn't slip about inside the shoe on cambers or descents.

Despite the solid look of the construction they actually drained well through the mesh on the top of the toe box. The water was sort of pumped out as you ran but there was a squelchy sound.

Grip wise they were very much like the Mudclaw. Studs aren't as deep but they felt solid in the mud and the bog and I was happy to descend as quick as I do in my Mudclaws

They aren't however great on wet rock, or on the final short wet road section which was covered in rotting leaves. They were better than Walshes in this respect but worse than Inov8 shoes which have the sticky rubber compound. I'd say they were about the same as Inov8 shoes with the endurance rubber sole such as the old Terroc 330 or Roclite 315.

So all in all a great fell shoe if they fit you well but I personally wouldn't wear them on the likes of the BG leg 4
    Last edited by helix; 23-11-2014 at 03:05 PM.