Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambleside Sports

Ambleside Sports

Ambleside Sports a great day out, Cumberland & Westmorland Wrestling, Fell Races, Hound Trails, Foot & Cycle races, Children's Races & more.
    Fell race prize list
    Short Bofra races senior winner £100 Total Prize Money £320
    Juniors U12, U14 & U17 each
    event: Boys & Girls: 1st Trophy + £30 2nd £20 3rd £15 4th £5

9m Rydal Round Winner £100 Total Prize Money over £400 - Cash prizes to:
    First 7 men; first 4 ladies; first 3 Over 40; first 3 Over 50 and first team of 3

Really enjoyed this last year. Choice of two fell races, or both if you're feeling fit.

I'll be there for the Rydal, looking forward to it!
    Wayne McIntosh - Clayton-le-Moors Harriers

Fellrunning Blog

Despite having been round Fairfield dozens of times, this race has caused me problems more than once. One year, with torrential hail and thunderstorms it was so windy that anyone under about 10 stone had to turn round and retreat, because it was impossible to stand upright. Another year, in the clag, a group of us went round in circles on the featureless summit plateau of Fairfield, until someone who knew how to use a compass finally realised that though I might have had an Ambleside shirt on that didn't mean I knew where I was going....

If you fancy chips and a refreshing pint of real ale after the race then the Badger Bar in Rydal, very close by, is just the ticket.

Shameless declaration of interest: I own the place. Fellrunners very welcome. Big car park. Lake just across the road for a cooling swim. PM me and I might even give you a discount off food and drink.
    Paul Knowles, Ambleside AC

I think I'll stick with the short race tomorrow. Which are you running, if any, Lost In The Clouds?
    Eleanor Knowles, Ambleside AC

Bofra race for me and the kids as well. Not really kids though, all three of us are in the seniors. Enforced route change though see www.bofra.co.uk

Hopefully both for me, depending on how I feel after getting back from the Rydal Round!

I'll be there for both of them.

Great day out that was. Got out rest sunny after all.

Free photos of the Rydal Round and Senior Guides race over at

www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Whats the catch? You have to pay to view them. But its only 75p and you really can then download as many as you want.
    (please don't share the password once you have it. Incredibly, even though I had said the monies were going to Mountain Rescue, some people circumvented paying for my HALF PRICE images of the Fairfield Horseshoe race)
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Provisional Guides race results on http://www.woodentops.org.uk/ photos later, always free!