Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ambleside Sports

No system would please everyone. There's lots of things I do for nothing (Junior coaching, for one), but I wouldn't give my time to photographing all the runners at an event and giving away the photos. I'm immensely grateful to the people who do this and I don't mind at all paying 75p to see the photos. I thought 75p was a really good amount, ie. no money at all! I use Paypal all the time, but I can see that for people who don't this would seem a big pain. Anyway, I'll be downloading lots of the pictures of the Ambleside Junior runners from yesterday's guides races. Can I put one or two on the Ambleside Juniors website, Bestathlete, or is this breaking your rules???
    Eleanor Knowles, Ambleside AC

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor View Post
    No system would please everyone. There's lots of things I do for nothing (Junior coaching, for one), but I wouldn't give my time to photographing all the runners at an event and giving away the photos. I'm immensely grateful to the people who do this and I don't mind at all paying 75p to see the photos. I thought 75p was a really good amount, ie. no money at all! I use Paypal all the time, but I can see that for people who don't this would seem a big pain. Anyway, I'll be downloading lots of the pictures of the Ambleside Junior runners from yesterday's guides races. Can I put one or two on the Ambleside Juniors website, Bestathlete, or is this breaking your rules???

No problem at all - all i ask is that people don't abuse this new system by telling each other the password. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

ha ha yes indeed. I forgot about making that great photo the one to use as the password linked.
    Event Photography

I've just had a go at this. Got the password but when I clicked on a pic to download it sent me to paypal and said I would be charged £5.95?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
    I've just had a go at this. Got the password but when I clicked on a pic to download it sent me to paypal and said I would be charged £5.95?
    apologies for that happening. Should be all sorted now. Teething troubles
    Event Photography

I think this is a great idea, and one I would certainly use in future. I ran in the Rydal Round, and my son ran the U12 race so we ended up with four photos of us, and two of a friend's child, all for 75p - pretty good value!
    I use PayPal all the time for personal and business use and it's completely secure

Can't beat Woodentops especially for some superb Junior shots, all downloadable and Free !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Can't beat Woodentops especially for some superb Junior shots, all downloadable and Free !
    Seconded!

Think the 75p idea is great. I'll certainly subscribe in future races...
    mooandhuw.blogspot.com

Banned