Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Utmb 2014

Super Moderator
    We've been saying forever on this forum that all athletics performance is ultimately related to one's 200 metre time
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Super Moderator
    Onto the final (downhill) 5 miles or so for Martyn Price
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Well done Martyn.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Cheers for the thoughts Iain.

Brutally honest report from Paul Giblin http://pyllon.com/2014/08/31/utmb-20...ache-and-pain/

Well done to Wardy (30hrs 38mins) and Hanno aka Dutch Peaks (39hrs 25mins). I think Wardy finished in 122nd which is pretty darned good, I'd say.

I was watching the UTMB/CCC etc at the weekend with great admiration but also with a niggle of jealousy having been unsuccessful in the CCC lottery draw last December. I will be trying again for 2015, and I have a co-efficient of two for the CCC draw. However, does this really mean anything? Given the HUGE attraction of this race now, what are the realistic chances of getting in? I can see the L100/50 taking this method of selection in the future given the sell out within minutes for the 2015 races.

You might be surprised, I was. Got on first time as did at least8 other Brits I spoke to.
    I entered not really believing I would get an entry.
    I am now a total covert, the whole atmosphere for the week is amazing and the support around the course is something else.
    success in 39 hours 7 mins so pretty happy

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    You might be surprised, I was. Got on first time as did at least8 other Brits I spoke to.
    I entered not really believing I would get an entry.
    I am now a total covert, the whole atmosphere for the week is amazing and the support around the course is something else.
    success in 39 hours 7 mins so pretty happy
    Great run there Karen! Does look a great event! Been thinking about it for a couple of years now, without a realistic thought of ever doing it, but now my mind is thinking its a possibility!

Congratulations to all finishers from these parts!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner1975 View Post
    I was watching the UTMB/CCC etc at the weekend with great admiration but also with a niggle of jealousy having been unsuccessful in the CCC lottery draw last December. I will be trying again for 2015, and I have a co-efficient of two for the CCC draw. However, does this really mean anything? Given the HUGE attraction of this race now, what are the realistic chances of getting in? I can see the L100/50 taking this method of selection in the future given the sell out within minutes for the 2015 races.

Aren't the actual percentage of entries versus places promulgated by the UTMB organisers? I'm nearly sure they are. If memory serves, you have about a 1 in 7 chance of getting in to the UTMB and 1 in 3 to the CCC.

It's far from impossible, like Karen I got in on my first attempt and have just returned, having had an incredible time. The race(s) are brutal and uncompromising, but without question totally captivating and I am overjoyed to have had opportunity to take part. Thanks to those who sent positive messages here by the way, much appreciated.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners