Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Start times clockwise

I could only manage a pint of fruit juice and lemonade in the pub, but at least my supporters got a pint, in the car park I through up, back at the BB I passed out, my wife was concerned that the owners of the BB would think I was p1ssed.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

I couldn't have hacked a pint right at the finish, but managed a couple that evening (finished at 1700). Suffered like others here though with pretty much passing out once the tiredness hit! Had a cracking pint of Brodie's Prime at the Hawkshead brewery the day after.

BG contenders take note, always wise to have an ale after a big training run in order to prepare fully for the big day.
    Geoff Clarke

I tried. For some reason I had it in my head that before beer I was going to need some salty chips, so after the Moot Hall champagne (a lot of which I exhaled through my nostrils) someone went up to the Old Keswickian and got me some chips, which I singularly failed to eat. It was then off to the Dog and Gun for a pint that I failed to drink and I was just slumped in a corner ..... that was until I started feeling pretty ill and made a poor attempt at a dignified exit to the gents. When I returned - having been copiously ill - everyone was far to polite to comment, but they knew.

Nigel?
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    I tried. For some reason I had it in my head that before beer I was going to need some salty chips, so after the Moot Hall champagne (a lot of which I exhaled through my nostrils) someone went up to the Old Keswickian and got me some chips, which I singularly failed to eat. It was then off to the Dog and Gun for a pint that I failed to drink and I was just slumped in a corner ..... that was until I started feeling pretty ill and made a poor attempt at a dignified exit to the gents. When I returned - having been copiously ill - everyone was far to polite to comment, but they knew.

Nigel?
    Which is pretty much a carbon copy of previous contenders I have seen trying a pint just after! At least one did not make it in the dignified exit!

Wonder if the real hard nuts, like Nicky S can down a few afterwards.
    Maybe straw race is a good training , which case saz would not have a problem!

Hmm, my Avatar/user picture or whatever you want to call it is of me sitting on the bench by the door of the Moot Hall having just completed my round, half empty bottle of champagne in hand No redecorating of street furniture took place.

And I don't even like champagne!
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Hmm, my Avatar/user picture or whatever you want to call it is of me sitting on the bench by the door of the Moot Hall having just completed my round, half empty bottle of champagne in hand No redecorating of street furniture took place.

And I don't even like champagne!
    Constitution of an ox
    (or tescos finest champagne....which is little more than water to begin with!)

Dont think anyone can be sure.

I did the cumbrian traverse about a year ago (fairly hot day). My training partner never has problems with guts, indeed didnt during the round (but I did). But an hour later , I was fine, but he was sick as a dog - went on for hours, even the following morning. We must have pulled off the road in the car four times in the first hour.
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 08-08-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Ah, that's interesting -- I too nearly fainted afterwards, once I'd stopped and got back to the flat. My Mrs supervised me to make sure I didn't fall over in the shower and bash my head or something. Maybe after 23 hours of pumping hard, the old ticker gets a bit confused about suddenly having nothing to do and doesn't get the blood pressure regulation quite right...