Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Israel and Gaza

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Might be the latter, I'm afraid, with no disrespect intended. If I shorten it, and use some highlighting, you will hopefully see it for the deliberate religious slur it is
    I got it, but only after looking for it as I didn't read it as a deliberate religous slur. I am probably thicker skinned than some and interpreted it more as a religous comment as opposed to a slur.
    But just me being old, grumpy and not very woke.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I got it, but only after looking for it as I didn't read it as a deliberate religous slur. I am probably thicker skinned than some and interpreted it more as a religous comment as opposed to a slur.
    But just me being old, grumpy and not very woke.
    It was a religious slur, and straight out of The Bigot's Handbook.

Just change Israel to Britain, and you can slur a different religion. Now try it with India or Pakistan; pick which religion you want to slur and select the appropriate country.

I find all religions a bit strange, so you could insert whatever religion or country you like in there and it wouldn't worry me.
    I am very fair and even handed in my bigotism.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    a deliberate religous slur
    I read it as a deliberate religion slur.

He might have said the same about Saudi.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

They also believe in chicks with dicks, free fentanyl for all, and limitless immigration in California.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    They also believe in chicks with dicks, free fentanyl for all, and limitless immigration in California.
    Same as the UK then, apart from the fentanyl

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Same as the UK then, apart from the fentanyl
    That's progress Marco
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Please don't make light of the suffering of the Arab people and their years of oppression by the dominant Israelis and their western supporters. They are not perfect, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Please don't make light of the suffering of the Arab people and their years of oppression by the dominant Israelis and their western supporters. They are not perfect, but.....
    Seriously?

I'll freely admit there are issues on both sides, but 5 times there's been a peace deal on the table and 5 times the Isrealis have been accepting and each time the Palestinians have walked away.

Arafat refused the Oslo agreement because he'd have been murdered.

IN 2008 Olmert had a deal agreed with Abbas and even offered to give up control of the old city of Jerusalem. Abbas went away and never returned.

Where are we now.

Idiots on the street asking for a cease fire after 1200 killed and hundreds taken hostage.

Call for the hostages to be released - it's 4 months this week. You might just get the crease fire then.

There is one side with elements calling for the annihilation of the other. One side only. And they have backed it up with deeds.
    Last edited by Witton Park; 05-02-2024 at 11:13 AM.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell