Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Litton christmas cracker

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Well done CL, not that he reads the forum much these days!
    I'll second that. Great run. Maybe he's training instead of posting.

Thanks for posting the times up so quickly, hadn't realised quite how close much of the race was (excepting Simon Bailey). I could just about hear the jingle of Judith Jepson's outfit on the final climb - spurred me into upping my pace!

Thank you RaceTheSweeper and Tideswell Running Club for this. I loved it. It obviously satisfied a great need judging by the size and quality of the field - not bad for the first one. It had elements of the High Peak 40 and Baslow Boot Bash (I think). Can't wait for next year now to try for a PB. :-)

Good to see you Mr Brightside. You looked in fine fettle as you raced past me and everyone else on that early descent.

Here are the photos I took. As usual I apologise for the quality - rubbish camera but at least it's waterproof.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Thank you RaceTheSweeper and Tideswell Running Club for this. I loved it. It obviously satisfied a great need judging by the size and quality of the field - not bad for the first one. It had elements of the High Peak 40 and Baslow Boot Bash (I think). Can't wait for next year now to try for a PB. :-)

Good to see you Mr Brightside. You looked in fine fettle as you raced past me and everyone else on that early descent.

Here are the photos I took. As usual I apologise for the quality - rubbish camera but at least it's waterproof.
    Those photos are great! It was fun when it was over! I was so nervous :-) Do you mind if I post your photos up on our website? I will credit you with them. Thank you and see you next year :-)

Feel free, RTH.

Well it's back. Everyone seemed to enjoy it last year so we thought let's do it again complete with BBQ and mulled wine. Not to mention the dozens of cakes as prizes :-)

200 limit and pre-entry is open http://www.fabian4.co.uk/default.aspx?EventID=1364 with 50 already signed up.

We may change the trig point tree this year too LCC tree trig 1.jpg

Here is the start list of pre-entries http://www.fabian4.co.uk/start/list.aspx?EventID=1364 . £5 to pre enter and provided we dont fill its £7 on the day.
    LCCfellrace-OS.jpg
    Last edited by RaceTheSweeper; 10-11-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Will the route on the map need to be followed, or is the direct line out of crossbow dale to Wardlow Cop legal?
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Will the route on the map need to be followed, or is the direct line out of crossbow dale to Wardlow Cop legal?
    You dont have to follow the route exactly at that point but you would have to take the route that brings you out at the gate. There will be a check point at the gate to make sure everyone goes through it and not over the wall. Same with the Litton Slack but we will have flags there that you are not allowed to drop off the top into the Slack until you are past them (steep rocky outcrops). There will be a large map at registration with any out of bounds areas on. Also areas will be marked where it's take care :-) We do want it to be a fell race and not a trail race. So as long as you follow any safety bits (I dont want to be sued for personal negligence if you know what I mean.)

Is that ok?

Right, so coming out of Cressbrook Dale you have to pass through a Checkpoint at the gate; then a CP at the trig; then a CP at the gate again?

I ask as last year there was only a CP at the trig. Most followed the red line on the map, whilst a few cut a more direct line to the Trig CP.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy