Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Litton christmas cracker

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Right, so coming out of Cressbrook Dale you have to pass through a Checkpoint at the gate; then a CP at the trig; then a CP at the gate again?

I ask as last year there was only a CP at the trig. Most followed the red line on the map, whilst a few cut a more direct line to the Trig CP.
    No, the only checkpoint is at the gate on the way to the trig. There will be someone at the trig to make sure everyone goes around it and also your fellow competitors would have something to say if you didnt haha. There is only one way back out and that is back through the gate so no need for a check of your number again there. As in all fell races anyone seen jumping walls will be disqualified. As long as you go through Ravenstor Cottages along the path and over the foot bridge you can start to climb. Be aware though some parts are so steep you would be quicker keeping to the path as you climb until you get past the bushes :-)

PS - there are two other CP - one at the gate over Hamilton Hill and one (plus 1hr cut-off) at Cressbrook Dale Water Cum Jolly.

There will not be as many marshals this year or taped markers except where there are safety or environment concerns. We didnt want all wandering around the countryside on the 1st running of it but this year it's bring your map and compass and know how to use it.
    Last edited by RaceTheSweeper; 10-11-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    No, the only checkpoint is at the gate on the way to the trig. There will be someone at the trig to make sure everyone goes around it and also your fellow competitors would have something to say if you didnt haha. There is only one way back out and that is back through the gate so no need for a check of your number again there. As in all fell races anyone seen jumping walls will be disqualified. As long as you go through Ravenstor Cottages along the path and over the foot bridge you can start to climb. Be aware though some parts are so steep you would be quicker keeping to the path as you climb until you get past the bushes :-)

PS - there are two other CP - one at the gate over Hamilton Hill and one (plus 1hr cut-off) at Cressbrook Dale Water Cum Jolly.

There will not be as many marshals this year or taped markers except where there are safety or environment concerns. We didnt want all wandering around the countryside on the 1st running of it but this year it's bring your map and compass and know how to use it.
    So just to be sure, the FB at SK1717 7406 is the mandatory crossing point for the beck, and you cannot just power a diagonal line from the cottages up to the gate below Wardlaw Cop??
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    So just to be sure, the FB at SK1717 7406 is the mandatory crossing point for the beck, and you cannot just power a diagonal line from the cottages up to the gate below Wardlaw Cop??
    We will give you an answer on that on Monday. The hubby and I are going to fight our way through bushes on Sunday and see how safe it is from what point :-)

We will give you an answer on that on Monday. The hubby and I are going to fight our way through bushes on Sunday and see how safe it is from what point :-)
    I suppose you've got to cover your arse there haven't you, those bushes looked a bit on the thick side and we don't want anyone getting kidnapped by Ewoks. Fortune favours the brave anyway, and those who recce.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

You will have to go over the FB it's how far you have to go past that we will find out on Sunday. It's not to clear on the OS map but on a Harvey Map it shows an almost cliff climb or at least a grade 3 scramble. We wouldnt be able to allow any racer to go up that.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I suppose you've got to cover your arse there haven't you, those bushes looked a bit on the thick side and we don't want anyone getting kidnapped by Ewoks. Fortune favours the brave anyway, and those who recce.
    Maybe you should say "fortune does not favour the brave and bleeding". MrRTS went for a run up to the gate early evening yesterday. Ran past the FB and went straight up to the trig point from there. He came home looking like Rambo with bits of twig sticking out of his head, bloody scratches, rather mucky and a report for you from the dog.

Dog pre footbridge - Love this route. Come on dad keep up. Oooo, what's that smell. Yum mouldy rabbit. Come on dad keep up.

Dog post footbridge straight up - Dad, where you going? Dad, the route's this way. Mmmm ok, I trust him. Coming dad.
    (10 mins later) You have got to be bloody kidding me! Dad, what the hell are we doing? Ow, ow, sodding hell that smarts. DAD!! why are we in thorn bushes? That's it I'm sitting here until you come to your senses. Da de da hum da de da, where's he going. Why oh why did I come. Dad Dad, wait for me, it's dark and I only have one eye you git! Ok, I can see open ground. I'm so out of breath, I feel dizzy and I want a new home.

At the gate - Ok. What the hell was that all about. We have arrived here 5 mins later than we would of if we had taken the long way round! Have you lost your bloody mind? What, What did you say? Who asked you to take a look? Right point him out on race day, I'm going to show him what I think of his bloody short cut?

so MrB & ba-ba you had better bring a dog biscuit on race day and say sorry to our Winnie :-) In answer to your question we have decided once you cross the FB it's up to the competitor to take any line they wish up to the gate. However, if you want to do well you may wish to run along the path for a little while before you head up. Recce may be a good idea lol.
    Last edited by RaceTheSweeper; 12-11-2015 at 03:02 PM.

It seems this is going to be full by the day of the race. We have a 200 limit with 3 weeks to go and there are 120 already signed up on-line or with postal entries. We are so proud of all the positive feed back from last years runners. Please visit our Website to either enter on line or print off the postal entry and send it to us. http://tideswellrunningclub.uk/club-...stmas-cracker/

Take a look at the start list here http://www.fabian4.co.uk/start/list.aspx?EventID=1364 We are entering the postal entries into the list as they come in.

We will have transfers on or before the day. Pre-entries will of picked up their numbers by 10.30 and any no shows the places will be sold to any runners turning up on the day after 10.30. We really dont want anyone to be disappointed so even if you dont like on-line entries just print off the entry form and send it to us with a cheque for £5.

Hope to see you on race day. There will be mulled wine & mince pies for all finishers and the prizes will once again include cakes and ale :-)

Super Moderator
    Sounds a great do Racethe. Good work
    Poacher turned game-keeper

LCC sold out.jpg

Just so you know, we have 20 people on the Reserve List, and as such, we have taken the decision that the Reserve List will close
    at 5pm today (Monday 7th December 2015) please ensure you send an e-mail to us on [email protected] before this deadline if you wish to be placed on the list.
    Thank you to everyone already entered we hope you all have an amazing day. The mulled wine, mince pies and of course our famous winter BBQ will be ready.
    Sue & Nigel Jeff
    Litton Christmas Cracker
    Race Organisers

Out of interest do any locals know if we're likely to be running through a lake again down the bottom end?