Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The class of 2015

Going to recce legs one and two next weekend. I'm thinking about 8 hours , any tips on trods to follow etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    There's a lot to be said for sorting a date relatively early and getting support organised asap. Good navigators get "booked up". Early to mid May is a great time to go. Support is easy to get (folk attempting later in the year are up for being involved in " real" attempts), weather's often good and if you fail you have plenty of time to re-focus and try again later in the summer
    lot of good ideas thank you very much , not a bad idea going earlier in year as to maybe have another go later if u fail!

How's everyone getting on? I'm building on the fitness at the moment at around 5k a week. Probably up this to 7k in December

I will be looking to recce/ support over the next twelve months to build as much experience as possible, With a view to an attempt in the future!

I don't post on here much, but do lurk occasionally! I'm working towards a potential 2015 attempt, and more than happy to support others where possible.

I am 50 next year and giving serious consideration to doing it on my birthday (May 28th) - what a great birthday treat

Quote Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
    I am 50 next year and giving serious consideration to doing it on my birthday (May 28th) - what a great birthday treat
    I am 3 months older than you (early March). I have wanted to do this for about 5 years now, but decided that when I am 50 and have a couple of the kids out of primary school it will give me a bit more flexibility with the training.

I know I will not get to the lakes very often and being able to see Kinder from the back of the house I am targeting the Kinder Dozen as my main training ground. Had a good bash at it yesterday.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/213124945
    Bit of a writeup on it below.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    I am 3 months older than you (early March). I have wanted to do this for about 5 years now, but decided that when I am 50 and have a couple of the kids out of primary school it will give me a bit more flexibility with the training.

I know I will not get to the lakes very often and being able to see Kinder from the back of the house I am targeting the Kinder Dozen as my main training ground. Had a good bash at it yesterday.
    http://www.strava.com/activities/213124945
    Bit of a writeup on it below.
    Hopefully moving up to the Lakes next year but won't be until the end of summer. Can't wait - literally straight out front door onto fells

Quote Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
    Hopefully moving up to the Lakes next year
    Ya, I reckon Lincoln is a bit limited for BG training.

Relatively- but I get up to the Peaks most weeks for a long day out and Lakes when I can.
    Lots of miles and climbing in legs eg Lakeland 100, Lakes 10 Peaks Xtreme etc