Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grin and Bear It - Nov 1

Grin and Bear It - Nov 1

Entries open for this years race and coming in quick. ALL proceeds to Woodhead MRT who will be providing Marshalling/Hill Support. This year the race is a counter in the Gritstone Race Series supported by Accelerate Running (Sheffield).
    The race starts at Langsett then climbs Mickleden to Cut Gate then Outer Edge peat bog fest! The return home is fast and very racey!!
    Are YOU in? See FRA Calendar for full info.

Master
    Thanks MD - trust you and yours are well.
    No, the race date was not on my radar, but it is now, as a potential starter to the winter season, before the entrée.
    Here is the FRA link
    http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=3362
    Powered by Ugali.

All well here OB1 and look forward to seeing you on Nov 1st and on the Trigger again….?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ME.DOUBLE View Post
    All well here OB1 and look forward to seeing you on Nov 1st and on the Trigger again….?
    Good to hear you are well.
    If I can hold up my current Summer fitness and conditioning into Autumn / Winter then all bodes well for GnB-it and Trigger.
    You never know, come 'Le Trigger' I might contemplate 'Le Double' myself.
    However, first, memories of last winter's mal-conditioned attempt at my third Trigger need putting aside.
    Bailing out on Lawrence Edge with cramp after only 2 hours was mildly embarrassing.
    I was up on LE and Bleaklow last week, and it was very lush, no signs of trigger reccies.
    It does perhaps show how nature and human nurture (environmental support, Moors for The Future, etc) can rejuvenate the trods.
    Cheers