Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowden Horseshoe

I did it 3 and 4 years ago, both clockwise. people to follow throughout - even in poor conditions.

if Des decides to run it a/c then the second half after Black Hill is just down the Pennine Way - simple enough.

Brilliant. Thanks for your replies everyone. That gives me enough to have a gander at Tracklogs and start plotting.

I've just plotted the route on Tracklogs. The excursion northwards comes out at 8.4 miles with 1,606 feet of ascent.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    I've just plotted the route on Tracklogs. The excursion northwards comes out at 8.4 miles with 1,606 feet of ascent.
    Morning BritNick - are you taking photos as you run round? They are brilliant. Have been looking at some "video" glasses in Harrisons Cameras. Love a pair to run a race in.

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefells View Post
    Morning BritNick - are you taking photos as you run round? They are brilliant. Have been looking at some "video" glasses in Harrisons Cameras. Love a pair to run a race in.
    I probably will do. I like the sound of those video glasses, although looking back through my Barrel Inn photos from Tuesday was like watching a video at times. Quantity, not quality is me.

A record of a race is far better than none at all. I'd love to be up there at the front, take a few pictures - drop back and take a few more. Then catch up with the leaders and ....
    Naw, it ain't going to happen.

Hoping to be somewhere around Westend Moss on Sunday.

Great stuff. I'll look out for you Mr Net. Forecast is looking good so far with a brief ridge of high pressure.

Thanks to Des and his team for today's race. Great weather, a bit of mud and a good blast round.
    No country for old men.

drove passed this morning after an early work finish...was a bit confused by the "Lads Leap" sign??

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    drove passed this morning after an early work finish...was a bit confused by the "Lads Leap" sign??
    Ian, even with my terrible navigational skills I can confirm it was Crowden Horseshoe. I love this race it has so much that you'd expect in a fell race. The first climb up onto the ridge gets the heart pumping and the undulating run alone the edge is fantastic. The river crossings can be interesting if foot placement lands on a greasy rock and the Pennine Way slabs give the 'runners' something to get their teeth into.
    The boggy moorland top and peat hags make for interesting running/sinking and the final descent is a cracking rough run in.
    Thanks to Des and helpers.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.