Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Crowden Horseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefells View Post
    I had to go early from the race. I was hoping to take a photo of the results.

It might be quite a while for them to be posted, no disrespect meant to Des.

Did someone "snap" the results?
    Not sure whether you'll be able to read this (you'll need to zoom in), doesn't have the times on it but gives you places.Crowden Results.jpg

Ah brilliant, thanks. I suppose we will have to hang on and wait for our times.

How many people ran? Wasn't it 170-something?

Quote Originally Posted by FUTUREMatt View Post
    Ah brilliant, thanks. I suppose we will have to hang on and wait for our times.

How many people ran? Wasn't it 170-something?
    That's what I heard.

Found this: http://testedtodestruction.blogspot....shoe-2014.html

What a good race that was. I'm still buzzing with the memories.
    Adjusted Tracklogs shows 8.2 miles with 1,665 feet of ascent.
    The queues on the first half at the stile and the long path with no overtaking opportunities helped to save something for the return journey braving the bog monsters.
    There were some impressive peat tans at the finish. Mr Breeze was sporting a particularly fine example as seen in my album.
    According to my photos there are 167 sticky labels but I think there were a few more still to finish, so 170 runners sounds about right.

Thanks to Mossie Net, Holmfirth Harriers and the other photographers out there who took some impressive action shots.

Thanks to Des and marshals for such an enjoyably mucky fell race.

Sorry for zephr wrecking his knee early on the climb out. Get well soon Tim.

Any results yet?

You could be waiting a long time ......

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefells View Post
    You could be waiting a long time ......
    It was one of our club races, need results so we can complete our points table..whats taking so long??

Quote Originally Posted by okmum33 View Post
    It was one of our club races, need results so we can complete our points table..whats taking so long??
    Des did mention at the Padfield Plum Fair Scamper on Sunday that there were a couple of 'disciplinary issues' that had to be sorted out before he could publish the results. The plot thickens!!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Yes. I'll second Hobbsy's post. I had a chat with Des at Padfield about results, as I was pestering him about the Wormstones results at Crowden, as I managed https://www.facebook.com/PeakDistric...?ref=bookmarks and try to link photos and results on this page. Des been his usual cheerful self told me that a runner at the end of the Crowden race had notice two runners racing with no kit and has reported them to the FRA. The results can not be officially be published until the FRA investigates. All we can do is wait
    Never under estimate the power of the darkside of the fells.