Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 champs races

2015 champs races

Anyone heard on the grape vine what 2015 champs races may be English & British?
    I only know of duddon as yet.
    WOODZY.

English- Duddon long, Guisborough 3 tops medium, Lingmell dash short.... Only rumours mind.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

'bout time they stopped including Duddon/Wasdale/Ennerdale as a matter of course in the champs, it's getting a bit dull.

Why not make a change and include something like the Full Tour of Pendle in November, challenge the mountain craft. Or the long Buttermere race where the best lines are yet to be fully established. The Great Lakes was a fantastic one to throw in, such a shame it's no longer with us!

Don't see why March-Sept/Oct seems to be the only time for champs races, especially when they often cram 2 or 3 into a small window in the school holiday season when loads of people are away.

Anyway one else like to see some newer long races included? Appreciate it must be difficult, the short and medium's have been mixed up nicely but I guess finding organisers for long's is more of an issue.

Wasn't Holme Moss included recently?

If Guisborough is included its an interesting choice..

Pendle cloughs would be a good champs race. Proper fell race and not all worn paths.

Banned
    I had a long talk with Scoffer on this subject a couple of years ago as I used to have a similar opinion. (but he changed that)

The truth is there is a lack of races and organisers or locations that can or are willing to host such races.

I feel sure the committee would be overjoyed if more were available.

Another strong rumour..... Flower Scar for another short.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    I had a long talk with Scoffer on this subject a couple of years ago as I used to have a similar opinion. (but he changed that)

The truth is there is a lack of races and organisers or locations that can or are willing to host such races.

I feel sure the committee would be overjoyed if more were available.
    That is completely understandable, I wonder if consideration has been given to specific championship races being organised as opposed to blistering a championship on existing races. The races could easily be spread around the country potentially over a better time frame.

I am sure it has been considered but it would be interesting to know.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Finding the terrain, parking and access for an AL race is hard. Was looking into one from Kettlewell but in the end running it up Buckden pike was a none starter, taking a longer route would have resulted in a B..

Have B category races ever been used in the champs?

A visit up here in Northumberland would be most welcome