Thread: Tracker Testing

Tracker Testing

If anyone gets wind of a BG attempt next weekend could you let us know. I have a tracker that i'm keen to test against one of our usual units. And I'm keen to see how well it does - both battery and switching networks.
    James

Diabetes is not an excuse its a reason www.howfast.org

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by howfast View Post
    If anyone gets wind of a BG attempt next weekend could you let us know. I have a tracker that i'm keen to test against one of our usual units. And I'm keen to see how well it does - both battery and switching networks.
    Interesting. Winter weather and thermoclines can pose other sets of problems for propagation too. So need testing in different temperature profiles.

I do think Stevie Birks naylor challenge was the ultimate proof trackers now work, (assuming the coniston hiccup was fixed!)

So Well done James

Quote Originally Posted by howfast View Post
    I don't have the list to hand but from memory there's only a handful of registered attempts left for this year, possibly as few as three.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I used a tracker on the Grand Raid Pyrenees and it worked perfectly on google maps. Very useful for my other half as the official event course monitoring was a bit clunky to say the least.

Thanks to James and Rob at Opentracking for setting this up for me. Very helpful blokes.

James, I might be doing a solo-ish, unsupported-ish BG in a month or so if the weather is half decent still. Happy to carry something round if you haven't tested it before then. I'll drop you an email in a couple of weeks. The -ish bits mean if I get offered a brew on the way round off anyone or someone runs with me for a bit, I wont be saying no!

Matt

James, is this a sat down/sat up solution?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Sat down or Sat up? not sure I understand that one.. but its not iridium / globalstar / inmarsat - it is GPRS just a slightly different tracker.
    Matt be great if you don't mind, let us know.
    James

Diabetes is not an excuse its a reason www.howfast.org

Hi James, I am helping a friend this friday on leg 1 and possibly do few more with him.

_|_
    ./\.