Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA Relays 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Claw Lassalle View Post
    so by that reckoning, when Rob H, Morgan, Lloyd, Karl G and all the other V40 runners fill in their championship entry forms and circle the V40 category this eliminates them from open prizes does it?
    or indeed Ian H in the V45 or Mark Roberts in V50 are they not allowed open prizes because of the category they circled?
    When Rob himself argued with John Broxap last year at sedbergh hills race to get Victoria counted in the open team prizes so he could have a prize!

As Pete Bland has always said, if your good enough to win it you should get it.

I can never recall anyone in sport being denied a medal because they beat a younger competitor!

I was trying to keep off this now as what's done is done, but Xrunner have you read the many other posts on this topic at all?

The ones I feel sorry for are the Lads who ran their hearts out and then expected to receive their FIRST ever open championship medal. How gutted to you think they feel?

I think it should be left to the blazers now to admit their mistake or give good reason for the decision. No amount of sniping on here will change anything!
    Darren Kay.
    Calder Valley

pretty sure Wendy Dodds has counted in an open team award at a race I've been at before, possibly at a long Pendle race??

also think of the word 'open' ......doesn't that actually mean 'open' ie open to all - anyone - whatever their age and sex???

The ones I feel sorry for are the Lads who ran their hearts out and then expected to receive their FIRST ever open championship medal. How gutted to you think they feel?
    About as gutted as those who would be denied their first ever open championship medal by a team that had not even entered that category in the competition!

The problem with fell races is that it may not be practical to organise a separate championship for Veterans as happens in other branches of Athletics.

I agree with many of the people contributing to this thread that the issue of participation in different categories within the same race and the classification of the results should have been clarified and known by all team managers, team members and spectators before the event.

The application of Rule 214 (2) in the Road Running section of the UK: Athletics Rules for Competition which permits the runners to select only one of the prizes on offer would partially solve the situation.

An alternate solution would be to state in the Championship Rules that all teams can compete in the open category, but each team can only compete in one of the age or gender categories. Some people may wish to add the rejoinder that teams who win medals within the Open category can or cannot (delete the unnecessary choice) win medals in another category.

I note when I was organising these types of events I stipulated in the Programme that "Veterans scoring in their teams races cannot score in the senior race."

As usual, in the absence of any Rules or precedents, the decision of the Race Organiser or Referee should be respected although you do have the right to challenge the results if you consider that the wrong decision has been made.
    Last edited by XRunner; 21-10-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Hope they get the medals right at the FRA Dinner, if they use xrunner's offering of the rules there will be a lot of upset runners

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    About as gutted as those who would be denied their first ever open championship medal by a team that had not even entered that category in the competition!

But unless it was U40 then they were in the open category?

I don't think anyone would be gutted had they missed out to a vet, its a pretty normal occurrence in fell running.

X runner,
    I refuse to believe you are a fell runner or ever have been with your attitude!
    From what I have heard and read you seem to be by far in the minority
    have a nice road running life
    I'll enjoy my fell running with like minded people
    Daz
    Darren Kay.
    Calder Valley

X runner,
    I refuse to believe you are a fell runner or ever have been with your attitude!
    Daz
    I have probably done more fell running in my past that many of the people on this forum.

I hope people are more broad minded and are prepared to consider other views.

As a race organiser of events in the past I am aware of many of the contentious issues in the sport and how they have been resolved.
    The issue of veterans participating in team events is not a new problem.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

3rd n final attempt. To sort this the medals need to be presented at fra do with a temp fix of an extra set of medals forvthe actual 123. Then rules can be agreed for future (hoping the fra etc represent the views of the clubs not vice versa)
    For 1 ref to make an on the spot decision is autocratic and not democratic as evidenced on sunday and on forum

We take no medals from anyone and we recognise the achievements ofvthe 123.
    Its not the fault of fell clubs to presume like the championships that the presentation wud be any different
    Another set of medals no lets get it right next yr. get it right now. I ran that last leg chasin 1st. Nobody told me to wait at the end for open teams to finish first

Quote Originally Posted by leechy View Post
    Photos of the start, stream jumping (leg 1), some leg 2 and stream jumping (leg 4)

www.johnleechstudio.co.uk

Attachment 7871

some cracking photos there fella.
    cheers
    Adam Speed
    P&B

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    I have probably done more fell running in my past that many of the people on this forum.

I hope people are more broad minded and are prepared to consider other views.

As a race organiser of events in the past I am aware of many of the contentious issues in the sport and how they have been resolved.
    The issue of veterans participating in team events is not a new problem.
    Which races and what year did you RO XRunner ? Just out of interest........

I'd love to see some of the results from your races.

Multi Coloured - Chris Barnes (Blackburn) (I don't mind putting a name to a forum, Do you ??)