Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA Relays 2014

FRA Relays 2014

Link is incorrect on the FRA home page guys...

http://www.britishfellrelay.org.uk/

My apologies, I was sent the incorrect url

Amended now

Please email me next time

Any nice helpful comments on these lovely maps that have just gone up on the relay website? I'm back from Australia in October and will be there in reserve for our club team. This is one of the few areas I haven't run in.

Welsh Harrier
    http://travellinglightatsixtyplus.blogspot.com.au/

The pairs leg (2) looks hard work! Particularly the completely unnecessary drop down and climb back up between the checkpoints on the ridge!

So i don't have to hassle the busy orgnaisers; does anyone know if you can access the fells from Mill House for a recce or if you have to come in from the public footpaths near Barbon? It says on the website to only use official rights of way to get onto the open access land.

The nav leg will be interesting if the clag is down. I'd love to have a crack at this one, it looks like fun!
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post
    The pairs leg (2) looks hard work! Particularly the completely unnecessary drop down and climb back up between the checkpoints on the ridge!

So i don't have to hassle the busy orgnaisers; does anyone know if you can access the fells from Mill House for a recce or if you have to come in from the public footpaths near Barbon? It says on the website to only use official rights of way to get onto the open access land.
    It would probably be handy if the organisers spelled out exactly where access can and cannot be gained from. As far as I know there isn't public access from Middleton, Mill House or Low Fellside and the property owners will get miffed if numerous runners are getting access to the routes from there.
    I'd park in Barbondale to the east and head up the hill from there, or use the footpath to the south from Eskholme Pike.

I agree, we should all just do the first CP and back, that should be enough to decide positions without doing all these "unnecessary" extra checkpoints. ;-)

I've just uploaded revised maps (you may need to refresh your browser ctrl-R or cmd-R or clear your cache in order to view the revised vesions).

The check points are all the same, but I've added out of bounds areas and a recommended approach from Barbon for reccies. Park at Barbon, take the footpath by the church and aim for the path up at Eskholme 634833.

Millhouse has no public access and is now marked as out of bounds, please don't approach from there. The event centre is close by but has a different set of access points which will be well flagged on the race weekend.

Please don't climb any walls or fences, use styles.

Leg 2: Note where the out of bounds area is on the unnecessary drop down and climb back up. Points 5 to 6 will be worth looking at in detail on location.

Late new and announcements are being made on the home page of the website.

Spread the word that event t-shirts can now be ordered. You will have to log onto your team entry account on sportident and follow instructions on there. We need orders by 24th Sept (sorry for being late adding this info).

http://britishfellrelay.org.uk/
    www.sientries.co.uk/edit_entry.php?event_id=1494
    Last edited by leechy; 25-09-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Hi Leechy, thanks for the maps.

Have you got any idea when teams on 'the waiting' list will know if they are going or not?

Cheers

I know the eastern ridge line and Southern area from the 'Barbondale round' and its all good fast running there.

This is part of my track showing the access areas. The section close to Eskholme after I had gone through the fell gate shows me going to the centre of the field. That was to tell the farmer who was there a sheep was in difficulty on Devil's Crag. You should stick to the northern side of that field where the path is.

No country for old men.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanderthal View Post
    Hi Leechy, thanks for the maps.

Have you got any idea when teams on 'the waiting' list will know if they are going or not?

Cheers
    No! It depends on other teams dropping out and letting us know in good time. I'll email our entries bloke to see if we have a deadline.
    Last edited by leechy; 13-09-2014 at 10:36 AM.