Thread: Maesgwm Muddle

Maesgwm Muddle

Maesgwm Muddle - British Fell Running Championships pictures can be seen here:

http://www.sportpicturescymru.co.uk/...<br /> <br />_DSC9085.jpg_DSC8974.jpg_DSC9029.jpg_DSC8947a.jpg_DSC9017.jpg

Gr8 snaps on the Maesgym itself. Particularly like pics of me overtakin Will Neill haha, even if was only for a few secs. This section shud be more runnable but after 1st climb n drop off Cyngh legs malfunctioning. Ta to all involved in organising. Mb reverse course next yr???

Quote Originally Posted by mischeavous elf View Post
    This section shud be more runnable but after 1st climb n drop off Cyngh legs malfunctioning. [..] Mb reverse course next yr???
    Watch it, you're sounding like me! Yep I agree, reverse course would be better for 'runners', but unlikely to be a race next year ~ Moel Eilio race makes more sense to me anyway.

When I saw Maesgwn Muddle in the fixtures calendar my first thought was, what a brilliant name for a fell race I'm gonna do it on the strength of the name alone. Part description of muddle in the dictionary is- 'confusing state'. They bloody got that right, on the final 100m or so up the field I didn't know if I was actually running, walking or going backwards....blimey, for such a small climb it was agony.
    The 10miles and 4000ft beforehand brought on this state of confusion. What a fantastically brutal race with the cheekiness of a 2200ft climb to start with followed by running back down to valley level all within the 1st quarter of the race. From then on it's tired legs and a roller coaster route over runnable ground with amazing views.
    Many thanks to Mike and helpers. Congratulations to Rob and Vic on their wins and the amazing year of running they've both had, class athletes.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    Watch it, you're sounding like me! Yep I agree, reverse course would be better for 'runners', but unlikely to be a race next year ~ Moel Eilio race makes more sense to me anyway.
    how many missed the start then?

This is on the Eryri site:
    "Strange about all those who turned up to compete after the race had started thinking it was a 1pm start despite having a ‘note new start time of 11am’ in red on the entry form they had sent in?"

Some more photos of the day, as taken by Holmfirth's Norman Berry. If you do use any for press reports etc, could you please acknowledge him. Thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hhac/s...7646666902477/
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    how many missed the start then?
    About six, I'm told. They were allowed to run it later (at their own risk?) and their times were included in the results on a trust basis.

What about this year's (2017) Maesgwm Muddle? I can't find any mention of it on the forum, or have I just missed it? Anyone know if it is full?

It was nearly full about a week ago - British champs race this year.
    Got an entry but can't go any more - anyone know any details about substitutions? Not much info on the Eryri harrier site
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Cool Muddle

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    What about this year's (2017) Maesgwm Muddle? I can't find any mention of it on the forum, or have I just missed it? Anyone know if it is full?
    Race not full and there will be entry on the day. Latest entry list will appear on fra facebook this evening.