Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fred whitton,white rose clasic

The foothills of the Lake District (English)

Re: fred whitton,white rose cl

Well done fella's a fantastic effort all round. Fishbulb if you are still thinking of doing the Grand Raid go for it. I did it 4 years ago and it was a brilliant experience. The final carry up the Pas de lona is a right git, but the 10 miles of descent to the finish more than makes up for it. Your average Jo euro can't ride singletrack or downhill for toffee, but they are whippet's on the climbs.
    Picking up my new road bike up tomorrow , not sure I'll sleep tonight. Does mean I can return the mountain bike to what it was designed for now.

new road bike hotdog!!is that your treat for completeing the FW? well done all! I've not done one lakeland pass without walking or callapsing at the top complaining about how steep it is! Hats off all round (Bike Hats i mean too)

btw - Hopity Hop Hop did well didnt he!

The foothills of the Lake District (English)

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    new road bike hotdog!!is that your treat for completeing the FW? well done all! I've not done one lakeland pass without walking or callapsing at the top complaining about how steep it is! Hats off all round (Bike Hats i mean too)

btw - Hopity Hop Hop did well didnt he!
    ooo I can't get away with anything can i I had no choice! I was seduced by this lucious carbon temptress, I'm sure she'll draw me in wear me out and discard me by the roadside.....Anyway, about the new bike

I think Hopity did more than Hop Hop. That was flippin amazing, 3-months ago he'd never been on a road bike!!! Talented bugger, I'm only hoping parenthood slows him down or I'll never beat him at the trailquests