Thread: Grand Tour of Skiddaw

Grand Tour of Skiddaw

Just back from supporting t' missus on Saturday's Grand Tour of Skiddaw. Have to say, although I didn't run it I'm very impressed by this event, organisation was superb and it deserves to go from strength to strength.

Charlie Sharpe and Ian Symington took the first two mens' solo places (already forgot third, I'm useless), Sabrina (forgot surname but of Langdale Bunk Barn fame ) was first lady, followed by Mrs P and then Ash_Stroller from these very forums. Sally Fawcett and her partner from Dark Peak nailed the pairs prize by some margin.

I will give this a go next year. Kudos to Gaynor for all her hard work.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Agreed Martyn - this was a great race. I've just got the results incorporated into the Runfurther results, and written a quick race report: all at runfurther.com. We're thinking we might include this in next year's Runfurther champs as well if we can. Sabrina's really was a great run.

Apologies if anyone's been trying to email me this week - we've had no internet at home since I got back from the race. I'm currently at my brother's house in Scarborough (ran some of the Hardmoors 60 route today up the coast & back).
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Nice report, Andy. It sounds like a good event. I was sorry I had to miss it.

The Runfurther.com website now has some great photos of the race by James Kirby, so check them out. There are a lot more on his Facebook page - there's a link on Runfurther.com to it. I've put a pdf version of the Runfurther leaderboard up now too. Ian Symington looks set to win the men's title as long as he can get round Rotherham in one piece. The women's title is still a toss-up! Here's one of James's photos:
    James_Kirby_1116.jpg
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

The Runfurther.com website now has some great photos of the race by James Kirby, so check them out. There are a lot more on his Facebook page - there's a link on Runfurther.com to it. I've put a pdf version of the Runfurther leaderboard up now too. Ian Symington looks set to win the men's title as long as he can get round Rotherham in one piece. The women's title is still a toss-up! Here's one of James's photos:
    James_Kirby_1116.jpg
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

really sorry to have missed this one due to traveling out to Alps. I was sure Gaynor would put on a great race and the route looked brill. Photos are amazing. Perhaps next year.