Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Raid 3's

Speedy recovery Charmian...At least you got your self back, I understand 2 runners got lost and needed picking up???

Quote Originally Posted by fellgazelle View Post
    Really enjoyed it today, definitely got the optimal route for me, and pleased with the nav. Could do with being able to run a bit faster though.
    Agree with ba-ba re the map. I know this area reasonably well but it was of little use as it took my slow brain far too long to register the key points of interest.
    Great event, and will hopefully make it to the next one.
    I nipped in to the start to see Richard before the off and saw one or two friends, managed to blag a map and used it on a Navigation course I had running so you may have seen me out there around shelf benches, thought I saw you in the missed climbing out of the little crag but the runner was too far away to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    so anyway... Torside Castle: Proof of the existence of Aliens?
    1) Man-made? nothing on t'internet, and stupid place to build anything so big for any reason.
    2) Natural feature? take a look at it and tell me what you think...
    3) Aliens. only possible explanantion.
    We've had this discussion with Glossop runners before. Man made certainly but why??? It's not a spoil heap, barrow or grave mound possibly? but as you say nothing on the net.. as to being built by aliens well of course, it was built on t'other side ...

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I nipped in to the start to see Richard before the off and saw one or two friends, managed to blag a map and used it on a Navigation course I had running so you may have seen me out there around shelf benches, thought I saw you in the missed climbing out of the little crag but the runner was too far away to be sure.
    That could well have been me Ian, I'll look out for you next time.
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Speedy recovery Charmian...At least you got your self back, I understand 2 runners got lost and needed picking up???
    All the best Charmain!

er i was the last person back, having got back to no.3 with 20 minutes to go I was heading the right way, but as shown in blue in the attached I decided i wasn't going the right way, doubled back and ended up on the Pennine Way (I think no.3 is the small worm just to the North of the blue line in the attached). Quite a big loop ensued to get me back to Glossop. I am still trying to figure out why I made that decision.

Apologies for the concern caused to the RO and his team but thank you to all including MAK from the forum for staying and until my eventual safe return.

3.jpg

Charmian - Ouch! hope you recovery quickly - whereabouts did you fall btw?

Jezzlar - Oh Dear! CP3 you say... that would be... Torside Castle! I blame the cloaking device left by the aliens
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

[QUOTE=DazTheSlug;599158]Charmian - Ouch! hope you recovery quickly - whereabouts did you fall btw?

Ouch indeed! I bagged the 20 points at 1 then headed for 2 and dropped into a small quarry where I put my right foot on a patch of slimy vegetation which detached itself and sent me crashing down on my right shoulder before spinning round and going head first the rest of the way down. The two ladies who witnessed it and came to help me said it was quite spectacular but I feel pretty lucky as it could have been a lot worse. I don't even think it was the right quarry! I hope to redeem myself at Totley :-)

Glad to hear you're OK, fingers crossed that you can complete your last 5races for [email protected] be a fabulous achievement. Karen n I now carry a triangular bandage in our packs just incase... Take care Lis x

I'll be there at Totley for my first of these, assuming I can get myself out of my tent in Edale & over there in time. Mini-MM both Saturday & Sunday for me, with the Runfurther prizegiving in-between. With cake. And beer.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    Glad to hear you're OK, fingers crossed that you can complete your last 5races for [email protected] be a fabulous achievement. Karen n I now carry a triangular bandage in our packs just incase... Take care Lis x
    I saw MoulinClimber on Monday night,,she was cheerful as always and looked very well

Crowden! I wasn't expecting that

PS
    Hope you are well on the mend and up for it Moulinclimber
    Last edited by sbrt; 30-11-2014 at 07:13 PM.