Thread: Home wanted for Lurcher

Home wanted for Lurcher

We’re currently fostering Rudy. He’s a young lurcher / staffy cross with a lovely sweet and gentle nature who is house trained, has lots of energy and gets on well with other dogs. He was found in Stainland near Halifax several weeks ago with no collar or microchip. We can’t look after him long term so he needs a loving home with someone who can take him out for long runs. He has never shown any signs of aggression towards us or our 2 dogs and is an easy dog to care for. He does like small furry animals such as rabbits, squirrels and cats so cat owners need not apply! I have no idea what he’s like with small children so it would be wise to err on the side of caution. If you’re interested or want to see pictures of him, please PM me. Thanks.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

It appears that Rudy isn't a staffy cross at all but does have some Rhodesian Ridgeback in him.

I hope he finds a new home :-( I'm sorry we cant help. Posting to push it back up the posts again as someone might of missed the post that can help xx Good luck Rudy xx

Thank you! I've asked Brett to put a couple of pictures on for me so people can see what a handsome boy he is. He's due to be assessed by the Dogs Trust next Friday but unfortunately they won't take him in straight away and besides I would like to re-home him as he gets stressed in kennels.

Images from Linda
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rudy is still looking for a home. We've had him for 2 months now and his personality is really coming through. He's responding well to some training and appears to be a very intelligent dog. He's playful and loves the outdoors so would make someone a lovely walking or running companion. He's been micro chipped and was neutered yesterday. If you feel you can give Rudy a home, please contact me for more details.