Thread: Cockermouth Beginner

Cockermouth Beginner

Hi all

I'm totally new to this fell running game and after some advice!

Started walking the wainwrights a couple of years ago alongside training for half marathons and running regularly on the road and occasionally on the treadmill. It seems a good idea to combine the two!

Is anyone in a fell running club close to Cockermouth/Keswick and would recommend for beginners? I'll no doubt be very slow and I'm probably more unfit that I think I am!

Also, what would you recommend for a beginner's training? I live on the northern edge of the lakes and I'd like to take advantage of the fells on my doorstep...

Many thanks

SallyRit

Sally

Welcome.

Keep up the walking, give up the treadmill and get out with one your local clubs:
    Two for a start:
    http://www.c-f-r.org.uk/
    http://www.keswickac.org.uk/

>>I'm probably more unfit than I think
    Nah, quite the opposite. You just won't believe what you're getting into ...

Eddie
    Measure the whole Surface of the Earth with our own feet. Don Quixote

Hi Sally
    I live close to Caldbeck and started fell running about a year ago. I joined cfr fell running club last month after meeting a few of its members at various fell races and as its based nr Cockermouth its pretty local to us. I do a lot of my training around Hesket Newmarket and the Northern fells (usually just on my own)so if you want to meet up sometime just let me know.

Thanks for that

Ange - I'll be moving back up to my mam and dad's at the end of next month and they live near Uldale so meeting up would be ideal!