Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

Master
    Hmmm - yet more Christmas trees required?

Last call to see if anyone fancies joining me for a recce tomorrow. Probably from Crowden & probably at the car park below the hostel from 9am.

Hi Sam there are a few of us doing the whole route from Marsden on our traditional Christmas recce! Starting at 7.30ish so should be at Crowden around 9. We will be slow though!

If I get myself to sleep shortly, I may well see you at Crowden or catch you up (optimistic!) at some point on the route. Hopefully be at Crowden car park from 9am (little silver van with orange light on top)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    If I get myself to sleep shortly, I may well see you at Crowden or catch you up (optimistic!) at some point on the route. Hopefully be at Crowden car park from 9am (little silver van with orange light on top)
    Sorry Sam misded this. Hope you had a hood one. Weather was pretty grim but had a great day out. The highlight was definitely the chrimbo tree on Kinder. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by One-eyed Wonder View Post
    Sorry Sam misded this. Hope you had a hood one. Weather was pretty grim but had a great day out. The highlight was definitely the chrimbo tree on Kinder. :-)
    Cheers, glad you had a good un!

Aborted recce yesterday as blizzard conditions hit on Wain Stones - at least managed to look at both Pennine Way & Wildboar Clough as possible routes (latter preferable, though I'll likely be trying to hit Pennine Way sooner than I did.

Sort of recce today from Edale - undecided as to best way off Kinder.

Will be doing final recce on Friday 2nd January, probably from Snake Pass to final CP & then up as far as Wain Stones, via Higher Shelf trig, to try to get a idea of routes. As before, if anyone is keen then please get in touch.

Another bump - if anyone fancies joining me for a recce on Friday 2nd, please do get in touch. Open to going from either Crowden or Snake Pass, probably going as far as Kinder Downfall whichever way I go.

Quite a lot of snow covering the route at the moment so allow extra time for reccying. rain forecast for NY day and milder but I feel the snow will linger.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Man View Post
    Quite a lot of snow covering the route at the moment so allow extra time for reccying. rain forecast for NY day and milder but I feel the snow will linger.
    Thanks for the heads up, I shall certainly bear conditions in mind. Temperatures look to be increasing significantly but I suspect you're right. I'd rather frozen than boggy when it comes to race day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I shall certainly bear conditions in mind. Temperatures look to be increasing significantly but I suspect you're right. I'd rather frozen than boggy when it comes to race day!
    If you can run up and down a lot and make a nice smooth path it would be appreciated...

I'll be going up and over around 4 or 5th Jan