Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by AndyHolmes View Post
    The latest details of out of bounds areas can be found here. http://www.marsdentoedale.co.uk/details.htm
    Well, that effectively rules out Within Clough as you can't come up onto the northern edge, as I did this year. Not that it affects me, of course, as I won't be doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyHolmes View Post
    The latest details of out of bounds areas can be found here. http://www.marsdentoedale.co.uk/details.htm
    Is there another map besides this one or am I gone blind
    http://www.marsdentoedale.co.uk/Imag...Kinder%202.jpg

I'd be more interested in a discussion on whether use of the road from Upper Booth to Barber Booth to Edale should be banned.
    That is what really ruined the spirit of the route last year.

I see on the race website there is mention of possibly a minibus from Edale to the start, £7 a head. Anyone know if this is likely to go ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy42 View Post
    I see on the race website there is mention of possibly a minibus from Edale to the start, £7 a head. Anyone know if this is likely to go ahead?
    A couple of clubs tend to organise their own transport. Pennine being one but we tend to fill it so the answer is effectivly no.
    Put in a request for Car share on the fourm and you will get together with somebody
    Last edited by DrPatrickBarry; 19-11-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    A couple of clubs tend to organise their own transport. Pennine being one but we tend to fill it so the answer is effectivly no.
    Put in a request for Car share on the fourm and you will get together with somebody
    Thanks Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Well, that effectively rules out Within Clough as you can't come up onto the northern edge, as I did this year. Not that it affects me, of course, as I won't be doing it!
    Is Within Clough any quicker than the slabs? I recced it last year & found it was slow going so ended up following the slabs on race day. That said, the line on my recce was less than optimum!

Looking at the OOBs map, there would be more room for nav fun over bleak low if the latter checkpoints were elsewhere. So CP4 near Doctors Gate culvert/north grain, CP5 Seal Stones? There are options along the riverside path down Lady Clough and the famous seven minute crossing etc? Just a thought for the future to avoid a procession from Snake Crossing to Kinder Low.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    Is Within Clough any quicker than the slabs? I recced it last year & found it was slow going so ended up following the slabs on race day. That said, the line on my recce was less than optimum!
    I know the Within Clough route pretty well and I wasn't prepared to run all that way on slabs - partly due to injury, partly because they were covered in ice the previous year. So, each to their own really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    Looking at the OOBs map, there would be more room for nav fun over bleak low if the latter checkpoints were elsewhere. So CP4 near Doctors Gate culvert/north grain, CP5 Seal Stones? There are options along the riverside path down Lady Clough and the famous seven minute crossing etc? Just a thought for the future to avoid a procession from Snake Crossing to Kinder Low.
    The point of the 'Trigger' race is to visit the trig points. The old Tanky's Trog route was pretty similar to what you've described, but that involved a long road section down the Snake Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post

The point of the 'Trigger' race is to visit the trig points. The old Tanky's Trog route was pretty similar to what you've described, but that involved a long road section down the Snake Pass.
    When Tanky's daughter tried to take over running it she made the road out of bounds, so we had to go down through the woods parallel to the road. I reccied it and it was a much nicer route running through the pine needles. Much more in keeping with a Fell race. In that vein I agree with Wardy and people using the road from Upper Booth.