Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by DrPatrickBarry View Post
    When Tanky's daughter tried to take over running it she made the road out of bounds, so we had to go down through the woods parallel to the road. I reccied it and it was a much nicer route running through the pine needles. Much more in keeping with a Fell race. In that vein I agree with Wardy and people using the road from Upper Booth.
    Good point, Pat, I'd forgotten about that way through the woods. And likewise with the road at the end of the Trigger. I went round the edge path this year - never even considered going down to the road, despite knowing it would be quicker (for a proper runner, anyway!)

Agreed, want more running on the fell……. isn’t that what it’s all about? Last year, despite having a poor/slow run, when I got to Kinder Low trig (not feeling particularly good) there was still no question in my mind about taking an easier option…. so duly headed around the edge towards Grindslow.

It’s a shame we still have the restrictions forcing us over the PW route (mainly the running on the flagstones), but understand the need to allow environment recovery. In the meantime, as some people have suggested, what about adopting a route via Doctor’s Gate like Tanky's/Four Inns?
    Last edited by MarkClayton; 21-11-2015 at 12:13 AM.
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Good point, Pat, I'd forgotten about that way through the woods. And likewise with the road at the end of the Trigger. I went round the edge path this year - never even considered going down to the road, despite knowing it would be quicker (for a proper runner, anyway!)
    I guess I wasn't explicit enough in my post. A Doctors Gate Culvert CP enables people to then access the riverside path down Lady Clough. The trouble with Tankys was the Snake pub CP, which pushed people into the road option.

OK, taxi-wise, I’ve got a 16 seater potentially going @ £160. Assuming I can get 16 people that’s just £10 per person (Edale village hall to Marsden). I currently have 9 people interested (Mark C, Barbara C, Kevin M, Simon H, Laura G, Herbie G, Steve D, Sam W, Tom K). Anyone else want a lift?
    Last edited by MarkClayton; 26-11-2015 at 10:39 PM.
    Totley AC

If you want to Enter the trigger you need to get that entry in NOW

The race is just about full but Brent RO is taking a few extra to make allowances for the no shows.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkClayton View Post
    OK, taxi-wise, I’ve got a 16 seater potentially going @ £160. Assuming I can get 16 people that’s just £10 per person (Edale village hall to Marsden). I currently have 9 people interested (Mark C, Barbara C, Kevin M, Simon H, Laura G, Herbie G, Steve D, Sam W, Tom K). Anyone else want a lift?
    Now up to 13 places taken. Just 3 left.
    Totley AC

Now up to 13 places taken. Just 3 left.
    Latest update...... All 16 places have now been taken.
    Totley AC

Latest update...... All 16 places have now been taken.
    Actually, somebody has just had a change of plans, so still 1 pace remaining (£10 from Edale village hall) 6.15am.
    Totley AC

Actually, somebody has just had a change of plans, so still 1 pace remaining (£10 from Edale village hall) 6.15am.
    If the place is still available I'll take it!
    Andy Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewStuart View Post
    If the place is still available I'll take it!
    Andy Stuart
    Andy, yes. It's yours! I'll PM you my contact info in case you need to get in touch prior to race day.
    Totley AC