Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trigger

Was incredibly tough today, but a great race.

Felt terrible due to a cold, but dosed myself up on vitamins, paracetamol, and beetroot capsules and went for it. Was pretty grim on Black Hill, and the flagstones on the way up there were lethal.

First time on Bleaklow but had a good idea of where to go. Managed to find Wildboar Clough. Bit of a bodge-job from (I think) Bleaklow Head to Higher Shelf. Snake Pass up to Mill Hill was a low point for me, my cold was kicking in, not to mention fatigue and the freezing head-wind. Managed to pull myself together and take over a few.

From Kinder Low it seemed to be a free for all, with people going in all directions. I headed directly SE down into the valley, then died a death trying to get back along the Pennine Way to Edale.

Finished I think 66th in 5hrs2mins, which I would have been happy with before I started. I'd like to think I could get nearer to 4hr30 now i'm more familiar with the course, and on a day when i'm feeling better.

Was nice to see TrevorM before the start, and also to say hello to IanDarkPeak at Kinder Downfall (who I overtook and didn't see again until I got to the finish and he was already changed!)

Mountain rescue marshalls were great, didn't envy their job one bit.
    Last edited by Travs; 10-01-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Was incredibly tough today, but a great race.

Was nice to see TrevorM before the start, and also to say hello to IanDarkPeak at Kinder Downfall (who I overtook and didn't see again until I got to the finish and he was already changed!)

Mountain rescue marshalls were great, didn't envy their job one bit.
    Nice to meet you Travs if only briefly. Not sure what happened but about 8 faster runners ahead of me came in over 10 minutes behind me, may be route choice at the end had some thing to do with it but 2 of those went the way I did??

heading to bed now for some well needed kip.

I'm not sure either, I headed straight down the slope towards Barber Booth, didn't bother looking for the path, and there was only me and one other guy. Didn't see anyone then until the finish line.

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    it was pretty nice weather from Crowden onwards - headwind excepted.

Lee was 7th, StevieK 9th, Wardy 18th and MIllsy in there somewhere. Dark peak with SPyke, Dave Taylor and Dave Lund in 4,5,6 took the team prize, but some hasty arithmetic meant the Pennine team got a prize as well (was it 3 or 4 person?)

NIcky won the ladies from Sally Fawcett and Nicola Parkin (I think).

Thinking of charging DP rent for use of my trophy shelf
    Nice one Nic!

Also, Lee was 1st V40. I heard a rumour that DP are going to stop organising races unless Pennine promise to stop nicking all their prizes!!

have the results been published on line anywhere?

Couple more photos https://picasaweb.google.com/1079119...eat=directlink
    Well done all. Not many photos as we were freezing and wanted to get to the finish to see the lead guys/lady in. Then it was home to the 4 dogs :-)

Taken just before Snake Pass crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Nice one Nic!

Also, Lee was 1st V40. I heard a rumour that DP are going to stop organising races unless Pennine promise to stop nicking all their prizes!!
    It's nice to give those less fortunate a chance from time to time...

To add to many photos of this race some more can be found on the link below, taken between Higher Shelf and Snake Summit. It was a bit breezy up there which is why I opted for a sheltered spot near the waterfall which appears to have surprised a few people judging by the expressions!

Shaun
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/114588...57662861957350

I get last year's results when I click this link. Anyone else go this problem?