Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 321

Thread: The Trigger

  1. #21
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    A galaxy near chewie (Longdendale)
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Might join you, you could run up from your house to the little carpark by the dam wall and we could run to
    RR and back...Tuesday on Wednesday?? I'm free at the moment but a nav course is never far away
    Just seen this.

    I was out on Friday morning with a clubmate, 13 mile dawn trot out from Chunal (Monks Road layby) via Mill Hill, Kinder West, Kinder Gates, dry crossing, to Grindslow Knoll, then back via Fairbrooke Naze and the northern edge. We didn't see another soul between 6am and 9am until we were dropping back down off Mill Hill to the car. It was great to be running up into the rising sun, and to have the sky full of dawn colours whilst we were up there.

    PS - are you mixing me up with Mad-axeman Carl by any chance? Cos I don't live near Hayfield / Kinder.
    Powered by Ugali.

  2. #22
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    12,967
    Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    Just seen this.

    I was out on Friday morning with a clubmate, 13 mile dawn trot out from Chunal (Monks Road layby) via Mill Hill, Kinder West, Kinder Gates, dry crossing, to Grindslow Knoll, then back via Fairbrooke Naze and the northern edge. We didn't see another soul between 6am and 9am until we were dropping back down off Mill Hill to the car. It was great to be running up into the rising sun, and to have the sky full of dawn colours whilst we were up there.

    PS - are you mixing me up with Mad-axeman Carl by any chance? Cos I don't live near Hayfield / Kinder.
    no just looked at your location as Longdendale.
    Might be out tomorrow morning for a few hours, then over to chew valley for a bit more maybe

  3. #23
    Senior Member Sam W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    327
    Keen to recce some of the route soon, probably between 19th & 26th October (work commitments & races ease off for a week). If anyone fancies joining me closer to the time, let me know.

    Also, if anyone fancies a recce of the full route during this time then I might be up for working out a lift share to get between start & finish.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Sam W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by ME.DOUBLE View Post
    ENTRIES TO DATE: FRIDAY SEPT 26TH - NOTE: THE LIST ORDER DOESN'T INFER YOUR RACE NUMBER ONLY THAT YOU HAVE AN ENTRY - NUMBERS CONFIRMED ON DAY. I WILL BE BANKING CHEQUES IN NEXT WEEK. ANY QUERIES?
    McVey A
    Whittaker H
    Barlow C
    Ollerenshaw M
    Ellis Cooper Knock J
    Bourne M
    Hodgson M
    Knowles S
    Hayles L
    Williams S
    Healy S
    Oliffe C
    Mackie R
    Ward D
    Soles DS
    Nunn J
    Oates I
    Hartley J
    Stead S
    Warboys Hodgson J
    Browne S
    Lang A
    Wood A
    Lund D
    Smith I
    Fishwick D
    Miller J
    Mettam P
    Coleman C
    Quick question - is the S Williams listed me? (Samuel Williams, Holme Pierrepont RC)

    Cheers in advance.

  5. #25
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    12,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    Keen to recce some of the route soon, probably between 19th & 26th October (work commitments & races ease off for a week). If anyone fancies joining me closer to the time, let me know.

    Also, if anyone fancies a recce of the full route during this time then I might be up for working out a lift share to get between start & finish.
    ME Double often does a reccie the night before the race to check the conditions...

  6. #26
    Master Luv Shack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kinder
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    ME Double often does a reccie the night before the race to check the conditions...
    And guess what Ian, it will be the Friday Night before......
    (Well that's what I've just written for next RC MS)..
    So, maybe almost enough time to recover...
    For a Good Blast in The Trigger too
    Hope to see you on both...
    MEx2 that is...
    + Trigger x 1 ...
    Obviously there will be a special award for completion & survival
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

  7. #27
    Grandmaster IanDarkpeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    near the dark stuff
    Posts
    12,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv Shack View Post
    And guess what Ian, it will be the Friday Night before......
    (Well that's what I've just written for next RC MS)..
    So, maybe almost enough time to recover...
    For a Good Blast in The Trigger too
    Hope to see you on both...
    MEx2 that is...
    + Trigger x 1 ...
    Obviously there will be a special award for completion & survival
    when is the ME x2

    if I'm free....
    ah actually the same day (Edit?)

  8. #28
    It's October 6th and here are the additions to the list of entrants - the list doesn't infer your race number - Any queries?
    Owen B
    Paxman J
    Lloyd C
    Macdonald A
    Combs A
    Bailey G
    Gardner R
    Mills M
    Heron T
    Anderson S
    Coleshill D
    Grant L
    Bayliss S
    Kelly S
    Kelly N
    Allen D
    Campbell R
    Vencovsky D
    Bloor L
    Hirons A
    Bedson C
    Williams A
    Young V
    Wolstenholme B
    Milkins M
    O'Hanlon M
    Hanna M
    Bowerbank P
    Minta J
    Buck A
    Clayton M
    Mill I
    Sadler D
    Darke S
    Long S
    Briggs G
    Gledson J
    Bradbury R - Award for best handwriting second year running!
    Cox J
    Brookes T
    Williams J
    Fryers P
    Minter K
    Steward T
    Thomas A

  9. #29
    Senior Member Sam W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    327
    Anyone fancy a recce on Tuesday 28th or Thursday 30th October? I'd be up for all or part of the route.

    Given my location, would be most keen to recce latter half of race from Edale & back.

    Pop me a PM if you fancy joining me - I can promise inane chat & perhaps some 'interesting' navigation!

  10. #30
    October 9th new editions to the entry list for 2015..Lucky people are:
    Pemberton J
    Coales B
    Duffy Chris
    Batty R
    Bents C
    Leigh S
    Grint J
    Davison B
    Pentney M
    Pyke S
    Jepson J
    Skrimshire R
    Winterburn I
    Rawson L
    Brentnall A
    Taylor P
    Lindsay B
    Jones Morris S

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •