Thread: Good Shepherd

Good Shepherd

Great morning on top of Stoodley Pike for the Good Shepherd fell race, photos set one up on http://www.woodentops.org.uk/

Great pics and a great race today, a deceptively hard BL I thought. Really enjoyed it despite that drag in at the end when I was hurting and had very little left.

Many thanks to them 'Good Shepherds' and all who marshaled and officiated from CVFR - really great race and will definitely mark out for next year... not too many fell races where you can travel by rail, huh?

Presume when processed results will be posted on CVFR website?

NtS

A man's reach outlies his grasp...

Last edited by BillJ; 29-09-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: womens positions corrected in results
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Good shepherd? ........well on today's performance I'd make a pretty lousy shepherd, my flock would be all over the place....like myself today.

Chatting to some of the CVFR lads before the race they said good route choices can get you around the course in 12.5 miles. My questionable route choices clocked in at 14 miles and at one point lost me about 10 places, which I eventually clawed back.....but I wasn't alone, plenty runners had their own tales to tell.

On arriving at check point 3 a group of us asked the marshals if we'd gone wrong..."no you're fine, it's whatever route you like". I love that attitude, it's a fell race after all and the guys who take the time to reccy good on them.

Many thanks to all involved, great race....love running in this area.

P.s
    Anybody picked up an inov8 bumbag, I've misplaced one...cheers.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Darren's flock may have strayed, but mine finished up in the abattoir!
    I didn't see a single runner for over 2 and a half hours, and, with no-one to follow on a route that had altered significantly since I last ran it, took the worst possible line to the Cloven Stone. This involved a lot of staggering and swearing, and almost a bit of swimming. In fact, describing it as 'a line' at all is probably an affront to geometry.
    In terms of running, it would be fair to say I struggled. On the other hand, the weather was great, the scenery beautiful, the organisation low-key but effective: a perfect long fell race for those further ahead, and a useful long solo training run for me!
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies