Pete, I did long in 2015, short in 2016. OCT descent absolutely both times. It’s not that bad on the legs….. just take it steady. I don’t know of the exact route Rob/Josh took, but I saw a photo of them and they were still in Comb Gill quite close to Wythburn carpark which I don’t think is good and there was an accompanying comment which I think implied they had made a bit of a Horlicks of the descent nav.

I can send you my gpx plots from 2015/16 if you want. For the long I took the option to descend into Wasdale rather than go via corridor route (hated that on the short course…..had never done that section before and that route up Great Gable…. hmm, not fun). Plus, the scree descent into Wasdale is well worth it on the long.

I made a last minute decision to go from Honister to Keswick via Grange (low level). Mistake, as wasn’t able to run as much as I thought and would have been better going via Dalehead tarn.

On the long I couldn’t face the climb up Carl Side on the day (but had only previously reccied the descent), so went up/down the BG way. Probably cost me a lot of time, but it was my way of managing myself in the moment. Finished in a pretty slow 23:53…. but remarkably won 1st pair prize. Don’t think they have that category anymore…. after such shame was brought onto the event