Thread: Round Rotherham 50

Round Rotherham 50

Just started packing for the Round Rotherham. Loks like the weather forecast for Saturday's improved a bit: it was looking pretty dire a couple of days ago. So I think it'll be shorts for me. It's the last Runfurther race of the year, so I'll have to do some quick work with the spreadsheet once the results are out, to get the Runfurther 2014 winners announced. Who else is coming out to play?
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    Just started packing for the Round Rotherham. Loks like the weather forecast for Saturday's improved a bit: it was looking pretty dire a couple of days ago. So I think it'll be shorts for me. It's the last Runfurther race of the year, so I'll have to do some quick work with the spreadsheet once the results are out, to get the Runfurther 2014 winners announced. Who else is coming out to play?
    I'll be out playing...but it will be teaching Navigation on the hills alas.

Where is the after show party? might pop along

Ian RR is last in the series but party is end of Nov in Dark Peak area. most of us are doing the Rab mini and then staying over. some are doing the Raid 3 n Sunday too.
    it would be lovely to see you , and others at AGM and Party. category winners prizes pus also spot prizes! Check out Runfurther website and FB page for details

I'll be there. Going for value for money. Dithering about whether to start at 6 or 7 at the moment... 6 is very early... still dark then

That turned out to be surprisingly tough in the heat and humidity with no electrolytes (don't usually need them on this one). Finished almost an hour slower than expected, having run (make that walk-shuffled) on unresponsive legs for hours. I'm still recovering from the effects of the dehydration now.
    Good to see you there socks, Karen and Splatcher.

Agree Nick. A PW by over an hour compared to last year. I had not realised how dehydrated I was but it took me until Mon am to be recovered, despite a 25mile bike ride on Sunday to loosen up and relax my Achilles. the mud after the first few miles was less bad than I anticipated but it was a sorry shuffle for me.

Glad it wasn't just me then. 37 minutes slower than last year, & struggling for the last 30 miles. And so much fly-tipping and litter this year! I'm just not used to seeing that sort of stuff. Still waiting for the results: when They're out I'll get the Runfurther final standings sorted out. And it's the OMM next weekend...
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Provisional results are on the RHAC website here, link scrolling upper right.

Here's a race report if anybody is interested....

http://www.ultra-fit.me/2014/10/23/r...m-50-18102014/

That's an evocative account, Henry. It was good to see you running more to your true ability without being 'hobbled'. I was impressed with your quick getaway from Woodsetts. I saw you in the distance across the fields but you pulled away for good.

You could have done with some current photos for your report though. ;-) I've recently posted mine here.