Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: "It's OK, He won't bite"

Banned
    Good post Andy and even as a dog owner I agree totally with your point as well as your favoured method of dealing with it.
    May I also suggest you kick the owner too.

Never trust any animal always be awake.

Master
    Recently, on Robin Lane above Troutbeck, I was sitting on a bench looking at the view - a dog appeared and sniffed about a bit, then from directly in front launched itself at me - I have no idea what its intention was - I was able to put my foot up and its head collided with the bottom of my walking boot - then its owner appeared and called it and it trotted off. The owner had not seen what had happened - I just left it at that rather than remonstrate with them - I know how the conversation would have gone.

I see ISIS the labrador in Downton Abbey is going to be "put to sleep" soon. It hasn't bit anyone but it does have an unfortunate name hence the early demise. The same thing happened to Guy Gibson's dog in the Dambusters.
    I blame the owners
    No country for old men.

I should also say that whenever a dog owner takes the trouble to rein in their dog as I pass then I thank them very much. If I'm on my bike I slow down and stop if necessary because dogs do have this tendancy to run in front of you. ( I think its a predator thing - dogs just don't seem to consider the fact that something could come up on them by surprise)

the Downton Abbey thing is funny - but you realise you'll be on a watch list now since you used those letters, I'm avoiding them

Quote Originally Posted by andy k View Post
    but you realise you'll be on a watch list now since you used those letters, I'm avoiding them
    I once Googled "how to build an atomic bomb instructions" oops

dogs dogs dogs andy now you see now you dont just remember that different dogs are better with scent than others and now that they have got hold of yours would say its just a matter of time before they catch up ,
    you have raised the steaks a lot higher than you think
    you know who you are but so do they

"Stay ....... Staay ........ Staaaay ............Staaaasaaaay........... Oi COME HERE!!"

Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    steaks
    If that misspelling was deliberate then it is quite funny. (Just spell checking this post.)

Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    raised the steaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecky View Post
    If that misspelling was deliberate then it is quite funny. (Just spell checking this post.)
    A Freudian sliplead maybe?

deliberate just to lighten the post i slipped or was it that lead