Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Tour of Pendle

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    The FRA Committee would be getting some stick if they were responsible for it!
    Swoop - Do you have some sort of death wish...It's been quiet around these parts for some time now. DO NOT poke the sleeping dragon; metaphorically speaking of course. :0

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    The site seems to be always injured
    joking aside - Touch wood it is OK now.

Had this virtual server for a couple of years, hosted scores of websites, never missed a beat.

Then the host company moved it off an " old style plan" to a new style plan ignoring the old mantra " if it ain't broke don't fix it" - for two weeks it kept crashing repeatedly. Since then after many protests by me it has been upgraded again, and the process memory allocations altered ( closer to what they were previously). Hey presto fixed. AKA a very long journey to get it back to where it started.

Annoyingly it has managed to screw the organic traffic on some of my earning sites, which still are not back to where they were.

But who cares?
    Am currently sitting on the patio of a private beach front apartment sipping a long drink on the gorgeous north coast of Kauai, hawaii, near the napali coast, looking at mountains and breakers and blue sky in the eighties, with sea as warm as the average jacuzzi, teeming with a kaleidoscope of fish in the reefs just off shore... So stuff the websites and fell running! - *sigh* but for knees I would be running the spectacular kalalua trail.. Had to settle for the helicopter flight and a few beers instead!
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 02-11-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post

Had this virtual server for a couple of years, hosted scores of websites, never missed a beat.

Then the host company moved it off an " old style plan" to a new style plan ignoring the old mantra " if it ain't broke don't fix it" - for two weeks it kept crashing repeatedly. Since then after many protests by me it has been upgraded again, and the process memory allocations altered ( closer to what they were previously). Hey presto fixed. AKA a very long journey to get it back to where it started.

Annoyingly it has managed to screw the organic traffic on some of my earning sites, which still are not back to where they were.

But who cares?
    Am currently sitting on the patio of a private beach front apartment sipping a long drink on the gorgeous north coast of Kauai, hawaii, near the napali coast, looking at mountains and breakers and blue sky in the eighties, with sea as warm as the average jacuzzi, teeming with a kaleidoscope of fish in the reefs just off shore... So stuff the websites and fell running! - *sigh* but for knees I would be running the spectacular kalalua trail.. Had to settle for the helicopter flight and a few beers instead!
    How Maddening.
    Good of you to save it in the Nick of time.
    Nice of you to take time out from kicking back to come on and shoot the Breeze.
    Powered by Ugali.

Folks,

I'm not familiar with the Pendle area so not sure about shoes. With the current weather I guessing maximum grip i.e. my In-v-8 Mudclaws would be best or would the nature of the route track mean the Inov-8 Trailroc would be enough?

Thanks in advance,

John
    Quote: "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

Quote Originally Posted by Finbarr View Post
    Folks,

I'm not familiar with the Pendle area so not sure about shoes. With the current weather I guessing maximum grip i.e. my In-v-8 Mudclaws would be best or would the nature of the route track mean the Inov-8 Trailroc would be enough?

Thanks in advance,

John
    Definitely Mudclaws.

Folks,

Thanks in advance,

John
    Hi john
    There is about 2 mile of Tarmac, 1mile at the start and the same on the return. The rest is open moorland with plenty ups and downs. The descents toward check points 4 and 7 are always very slippy. Infact check point 4 normally has a large crowd awaiting the mass of falling fellrunners. It's a fantastic race and mudclaws are definitely the shoe to go with.....enjoy.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Cheers Folks..

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    The descents toward check points 4 and 7 are always very slippy. ... It's a fantastic race and mudclaws are definitely the shoe to go with.....enjoy.
    Funny you mentioned CP7, I was saying to brother that's going to be a challenging part of the route (6-8). Very steep down and up and the river is going to be quiet lively. Looking forward to it now :-)
    Quote: "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

Cheers Folks..

Funny you mentioned CP7, I was saying to brother that's going to be a challenging part of the route (6-8). Very steep down and up and the river is going to be quiet lively. Looking forward to it now :-)
    The stream crossings will not be a problem, the moors soak up most of the rain. It's check point 9 you wanna worry about with the soul destroying climb up big end. It has me cursing every year and it will again on Saturday....bring it on.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    The stream crossings will not be a problem, the moors soak up most of the rain. It's check point 9 you wanna worry about with the soul destroying climb up big end. It has me cursing every year and it will again on Saturday....bring it on.
    Easy ~ take a couple of gels at the bottom and you'll be reet
    I can't make the race this year as we're away in Northumberland. Hopefully I'll get a run up The Cheviot instead.
    Have a good run Daz.
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    But who cares?
    Methinks your account has been hacked
    a rush and a push and the land is ours