Thread: Inov8 Roclite 243 views

Inov8 Roclite 243 views

Anyone use these in fell races (lakeland races in particular)?

Looks light, low to the ground with the 3mm drop, pretty sturdy and the grip looks decent enough even if is pretty flat compared to talons/mudclaws.I've seen people wearing them but just wondered if anyone had some thoughts on them.

Cheers :-)
    Last edited by FellRunner09; 02-11-2014 at 08:37 AM.

I really like them, have done a couple of races in them, the Lairig Ghru and Jedburgh 3 Peaks Ultra this year. For the LG, they were brilliant, perfect grip for traily races, wouldn't be too confident in steep muddy descents. The uppers and the sole are holding up pretty well, may need some shoe glue in case the cracks in the uppers get any worse. Really light and comfy, although not for too many miles on tarmac, not much cushioning. Could probably put a 6mm footbed in. They're reduced at sportsshoes.com at moment too.

Hey Matt, saw you had a brilliant run at J3P, well done !

Would you wear the 243's at a race like the 7R ? I've worn X-Talon's there the last 2 years, but they're not ideal on the mile or so down the road from Loganlea to Glencorse, but really good on the climb up Phantom's Cleugh to Bonally.

Hmm, decisions..........

Angus

Cheers Angus! Really enjoyed it for my first ultra! Feet are a bit sore after all the tarmac!

Good question, I think I'm going to go with them for the 7R's, or Brooks Cascadias if I can get a recce in and see what the mud is doing. You're right, that mile and a bit isn't fun in talons! The sort of race you need two pairs of shoes for. See you there!

Ooh, Cascadia's - they're a lot more "traily" than the 243's are they not - good cushioning on the above mentioned stretch, and the harem scarum descent to Bonally carpark, but quite a lot heavier ?

Saying that, Peter Buchanan who was 2nd had a pair of trail Hokas on last year............as always it's more about the runner than the shoes ;-)

Think it will be Talon 212 or Roclite 295 for me, unless I give in to temptation with the Roclite 243............soft and muddy then 212, hard and firm 295

Would you recommend the same size in the Roclite 243 as in X-Talon 212? Thanks.

I used the roclite 243s in the 10peaks (Long) last year.... excellent shoes. Only time they felt inadequate was on the Lords Rake up to Scafell. You could feel the small stones pressing through the sole. They gripped well on the marsh section (drained quickly) and the rocks.
    I still felt them comfortable along the small road parts as well but then I am used to minimalist shoes for road running.

I used the roclite 243s in the 10peaks (Long) last year.... excellent shoes. Only time they felt inadequate was on the Lords Rake up to Scafell. You could feel the small stones pressing through the sole. They gripped well on the marsh section (drained quickly) and the rocks.
    I still felt them comfortable along the small road parts as well but then I am used to minimalist shoes for road running.

They felt too firm for me. After wearing them in house for 30 minutes, i started having pain at the heel and metatarsal.