Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ed, Tom & John

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Life View Post
    The boys called it a day at Dunmail quite sensibly as they had endured winds that had knocked them off their feet. With conditions set to get worse, in the interests of everyones safety they stopped. An admirable effort but not to be. Summer rounds are hard but winter ones are a different ball game altogether and very weather dependant. Apparently someone got round yesterday so hats off to them.
    Well done to them for having a go. We were on the top of Helvellyn yesterday and you could hardly stand up, can only imagine how cold it would have been during the night!

Hard luck chaps. Well done for staying safe and ready for another go?

Respect for anyone up there on the longest night. Another store of memories, that's for sure!

Much respect to all of them and pacers. It must have been tough out last night. Do any of them blog?

Come to think of it, t'was a terrific training session. Glass half full and all that

> Apparently someone got round yesterday so hats off to them.

Ed, Tom and John's attempt were the only registered attempts (though John is already a club member so didn't actually need to register). It might be an existing member.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

I believe Tom Hollins of Wharfdale made it round the night before, not sure of how long it took. Was supposed to be on support but I'm out of action with illness.

Respect to all concerned. I wasn't out during the day so can't comment on the conditions as such, but any attempt this time of year is exceptional...completion or not! Great demonstration of mountain skills, which to my mind, is a lot of what the BGR is about.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fordonian View Post
    I believe Tom Hollins of Wharfdale made it round the night before, not sure of how long it took. Was supposed to be on support but I'm out of action with illness.
    Tom got round in 23:52, posted on FB - absolutely incredible in that weather. Well done Tom!
    Last edited by Jules C; 21-12-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Well done Tom - quite simply an achievement to savour for a lifetime. Hope you recover well. Mark