Thread: WANTED: Mountain buggy terrain

WANTED: Mountain buggy terrain

I'd really love to get one of these for my boy, just missed out on one on Ebay which sold for £160. Would pay up to that figure for one in good condition - can anyone help. (The one on Ebay at the moment is too far away from me in Watford, pick-up only.)

Can anyone help?

Re: WANTED: Mountain buggy ter

Do you mrean like an all - terrain pram type thing? Don't know exactly what you mean, but haven't you considered one of those rucksack thingies? I think they are brilliant and wouldn't have been without it when my kids were little.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Having tried both I'd go with Grouse's advice and get a backpack.....the buggy we had was over-engineered, took up far too much room in the car and couldn't really cope with "all terrains" at all!

Cheers for the replies

Will probably get a ruck sac when the boy's a bit bigger (he's only 4 months now) The mountain buggy is a good bit of kit, fixed front wheel, not over engineered and I would think that it would cope with most of my local trails etc. If I could pick one up cheaply I'd be well made up... If only...

It's a few years ago but I got a cheap carrier from mothercare. At first the design seemed a bit crap and it was awkward and I thought I should have paid more, but once I got used to it it was great and I would n't recommend getting one of those fancy ones with covers and all the trimmings (although you do need some kind of bag to carry a bit of gear if it's just you and the sprog. Haven't got it any more otherwise you could have had it. We got a one piece waterproof - they seemed hard to get hold of then, loads of people kept asking us where we got it from, but I think they are easy to get now. It was great for hill reps!!! Before my son was big enough for the rucsac We just put him in one of those carriers that sits on your chest. Personally I wouldn't recommend a buggy for the short time he would be in it. Enjoy it - it is brilliant. Like everyone is telling you, it will fly by!!!
    Last edited by Grouse; 06-08-2007 at 10:32 PM.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    I'd really love to get one of these for my boy, just missed out on one on Ebay which sold for £160. Would pay up to that figure for one in good condition - can anyone help. (The one on Ebay at the moment is too far away from me in Watford, pick-up only.)

Can anyone help?
    Twister - are you still looking for one? Are you in Watford or the buggy? I've got one in good condition, with the car seat carrier, waterproof cover and spare wheel bearings. It's six years old, but in good condition and well cared for.
    We're in the High Wycombe area if that's any good?

I've PM'ed you stumpy about the buggy! Please check your messages